Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S10 Upgrade Program

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 11:55 AM)
sammyh25
Pioneer
Options

I've had the email prompting me to login to my upgrade program today to select the S10 model i want to go with.  I fully expect this won't go live until after the launch at 7pm UK time tonight.  However the only web address I can find for the upgrade program comes back with invalid loan number and/or surname when I try to login.  I was just trying to get ahead of the game and check all was working before going for the upgrade later tonight.

Can anyone advise what the correct link is for the UK Galaxy mobile upgrade program?  Can you also check if you get similar errors when trying to login, or is it just me?

Thanks.

345 REPLIES 345
Isaac500
Apprentice
Options

It's clear that the best thing to do is to sell your S9 elsewhere, and use the money to pay off the rest of your existing credit agreement. 

Some places are offering £360, so it's possible to make a small profit out of this, assuming you went with the 24 month finance option.

Then just pre-order a new one on a new credit agreement.

That seems to be the best option. This upgrade program is clearly not working.

MartJos
Explorer
Options
Doubt it the S9 was release on the 16th March
0 Likes
Shahid786
Apprentice
Options
Samsung customer service just told me on the phone they are looking to have this fixed in the next few days and phones or on a first come first serve basis. Amazing response from them absolutely delighted as a paying existing customer
0 Likes
PM2608
Journeyman
Options

I ordered my s9+ on the 27th Feb.

0 Likes
Fraser_Reid
Journeyman
Options

ordered an s9+ on 28/02 last year so it says I can upgrade now.

we're getting conflicting information from customer services and my guess from working in it for years is the guys answering phones and messages dont know the script. they'll be covering their asses saying days till it's ready and such so that they dont make false promises about delivering early

andy62
Journeyman
Options

just got this from live chat 

Our engineers are working on the upgrade lounge & we expect this to be available by Friday morning, please note this will not affect your ability to upgrade or your delivery date. Thank you for your patience during this time and your interest in our exciting new S10 range.

fingers crossed it sorted by tomorrow then???

creepyg
Explorer
Options

Shambles so far. But am I alone in being quite happy about not being eligible to upgrade till later (May in my case)?

Ok I'll miss out on the headphones but first batches are notorious for manufacturing/ hardware issues and a litany of software bugs.

Happy to give it a couple of months to iron out any issues and squash those bugs.

0 Likes
mikeydude
First Poster
Options

I input my agreement number and name.  It takes me to page saying it's time to choose my new phone.  The latest model line up is.... [BLANK].

I went on support chat to confirm that ear buds would be supplied free and they said I'd get them, but during a phone call they said NO.  Anybody know for sure if upgrade programme people get them

0 Likes
-Tails
Journeyman
Options

Upgradeearbuds.png

Maesyronen
Explorer
Options

It's rare that you get such a perfect, unequivocal example of a company treating existing loyal repeat customers as second class citizens. "Paid us before? Back of the queue!" I'd strongly urge all 2018 upgrade program members to consider whether we should reward this clear statement of contempt for us with another year's worth of custom. They can't even be bothered to explain themselves on this thread.