Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S10 Upgrade Program

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 06:23 AM)
sammyh25
Pioneer
Options

I've had the email prompting me to login to my upgrade program today to select the S10 model i want to go with.  I fully expect this won't go live until after the launch at 7pm UK time tonight.  However the only web address I can find for the upgrade program comes back with invalid loan number and/or surname when I try to login.  I was just trying to get ahead of the game and check all was working before going for the upgrade later tonight.

Can anyone advise what the correct link is for the UK Galaxy mobile upgrade program?  Can you also check if you get similar errors when trying to login, or is it just me?

Thanks.

345 REPLIES 345
Mpates
Student
Options

Hi 

Well I'm up early so thought before work I'd try but nope still taking me to a page saying it's not available. You would think Samsung would have had it all ready knowing it was coming out yesterday absolutely ridiculous 

Djanta07
Student
Options
Hey i found a solution!!
Add the desired phone (s10 ir s10+) to your basket, ONLY THE PHONE and proceed to check out.
Once you are at the check out before u continue filling in your details you have the option to select "upgrade" and you will have to follow the links to signing contracts after credit checks have been done.

I really hope this will help you as we all love the new S10!! Lemme know if it works
0 Likes
LHarcus
First Poster
Options

Doesn’t going through the credit checks etc just sign you up to a new contract rather than allowing you to upgrade as part of an existing upgrade contract?  S10 looks great, can’t wait to get one!

0 Likes
creepyg
Explorer
Options

@Djanta07 wrote:
Hey i found a solution!!
Add the desired phone (s10 ir s10+) to your basket, ONLY THE PHONE and proceed to check out.
Once you are at the check out before u continue filling in your details you have the option to select "upgrade" and you will have to follow the links to signing contracts after credit checks have been done.

I really hope this will help you as we all love the new S10!! Lemme know if it works

Careful, this way joins the upgrade programme from scratch under a whole new agreement.  I think most on this thread are already members and looking to upgrade under their existing agreement. 

0 Likes
Maesyronen
Explorer
Options

Yes I think, unless they ask you for your previous agreement number during the process, all you're doing there is starting a second credit deal. It's annoying because some of the designs are already sold out and those of us who have shown most loyalty to Samsung by joining the upgrade program have lost out. It's also very shabby for the upgrade program page to error out. 

Duncan340
Explorer
Options

Yeah that sounds like you're setting up a whole new upgrade programme there. Unless you've put in your agreement number you're not upgrading your existing plan 

Duncan340
Explorer
Options
Hit the nail on the head there. Upgrade programme members should have first dibs on preorders. Maybe a couple of days before they go to general sale preorders
Desire400
Explorer
Options

Still the same error.  I believe last year I got sent a specific upgrade link sent to me on email 

0 Likes
Duncan340
Explorer
Options
I spoke to an advisor last night at 9pm and they said it should be on within a couple of hours. So it must be taking them more time than anticipated ... 😕
0 Likes
Maesyronen
Explorer
Options

I was very much in two minds about this upgrade anyway, given my lack of interest in the wide camera, the relative pointlessness of the extra RAM, and the screen cutout. Now that I also can't get the design I wanted at launch despite joining what you would think - from the title - would be a set of steps to facilitate upgrading, I'm thinking I might well stick with my S9+ for another year and then bail on Samsung. 

0 Likes