Support

Open search

Galaxy s10 front camera too zoomed in

Highlighted
Apprentice

I recieved my S10 today (after a huge faff with wrong delivery times and dates yesterday) and the first thing I've noticed is how zoomed in the front camera is. It's even worse in-app on Snapchat and Instagram or WhatsApp. I can't even take a front camera photo of me and my son as it doesn't capture below my shoulders. I've tried changing loads of setting in the camera app and the phone settings and even the app settings but nothing works. Does anyone have a fix for this? (As a single parent the front camera is my best mate for quick snaps of me and my Son!) I hope Samsung sort this out asap!!! 

176 REPLIES 176
Highlighted

@Karlie09 wrote:

Have had a reply today finally about my complaint about the front cameras use in apps like snap chat and what's app. The reply is rubbish and in my mind even wrong. I will copy and past it here so you can read. Let me know what your thoughts are .

" Regarding your concern on the front camera of your device, please try to change the 'view mode' of the front camera to minimise the size/ zoom in the camera screen. There are 3 different view modes that you can use on the camera (view mode looks like a 'leaf' on top of the shutter) Open the camera app, tap photo and select the view mode with the icon with a 'single leaf' to have a normal size of screen."

Who said this???? This reply is dumb af 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Highlighted

I recieved the exact same reply today also!! Its the camera on the apps itself thats the main issue

Highlighted

@Crystal1998 wrote:

I recieved the exact same reply today also!! Its the camera on the apps itself thats the main issue

I would just reply to the email and tell them that. If enough of us do it they have to look into it  

Highlighted

I received the exact same email! But as i stated its the camera within snapchat etc mainly.

Highlighted

Screenshot_20190311-224427_Samsung Members.jpg

This was the response I got from my complaint about the front camera being compatible with apps.. 🤦🏼‍♀️ not exactly helpful. You would have thought they'd have tested these frequently used apps for these glitches first. 

Highlighted
Its talking about view modes for the rear facing camera too, not even correct info
Highlighted

In my email to them I stated about how bad it was in social media applications and they just ignored that. I have replied to the email so hopefully if enough of us do so something will happen about this problem

Highlighted

Everyone of us use social media. That's the most important thing on a smartphone "sharing your moments with friends". I don't understand how it is possible to release one of the most expensive phone on the market withour testing it correctly in popular apps. I'm bored and unsatisfied ...

Highlighted

Screenshot_20190311-231353_Samsung Internet.jpg

Highlighted

Have the same issue. Hopefully they'll get it fixed! The only issue I have is in apps. Especially snapchat seeing that theres an option in your normal camera in wich you can just switch to Instagram mode there. Very handy.

Top Liked Authors