Support

Open search

Galaxy s10 front camera too zoomed in

Highlighted
Apprentice

I recieved my S10 today (after a huge faff with wrong delivery times and dates yesterday) and the first thing I've noticed is how zoomed in the front camera is. It's even worse in-app on Snapchat and Instagram or WhatsApp. I can't even take a front camera photo of me and my son as it doesn't capture below my shoulders. I've tried changing loads of setting in the camera app and the phone settings and even the app settings but nothing works. Does anyone have a fix for this? (As a single parent the front camera is my best mate for quick snaps of me and my Son!) I hope Samsung sort this out asap!!! 

175 REPLIES 175
Highlighted
Samsung should know we use these apps and make them compatible
Couldn't agree more ! I've heard people have been sending their phones back because of this issue...
Highlighted
Guhhh this is so annoying!!! It's the s10 this shouldn't be a problem 😞
Highlighted
Observer

I'm facing the exact same problem, was waiting patiently to get my hands on this phone. I paid a lot of money for it, and what is it for if i couldnt even take selfies on social media apps ? Please fix this problem immediately!

Highlighted

We shouldn't have to do that and the apps is still a problem. 

Highlighted
Observer

Same. I'll have to return this great phone if they can't change the front camera. Sad. 

Highlighted
Yes I have been doing this and on social media!
Highlighted
Apprentice

Exactement la même chose !

Highlighted

Have had a reply today finally about my complaint about the front cameras use in apps like snap chat and what's app. The reply is rubbish and in my mind even wrong. I will copy and past it here so you can read. Let me know what your thoughts are .

" Regarding your concern on the front camera of your device, please try to change the 'view mode' of the front camera to minimise the size/ zoom in the camera screen. There are 3 different view modes that you can use on the camera (view mode looks like a 'leaf' on top of the shutter) Open the camera app, tap photo and select the view mode with the icon with a 'single leaf' to have a normal size of screen."

Highlighted

@Karlie09 wrote:

Have had a reply today finally about my complaint about the front cameras use in apps like snap chat and what's app. The reply is rubbish and in my mind even wrong. I will copy and past it here so you can read. Let me know what your thoughts are .

" Regarding your concern on the front camera of your device, please try to change the 'view mode' of the front camera to minimise the size/ zoom in the camera screen. There are 3 different view modes that you can use on the camera (view mode looks like a 'leaf' on top of the shutter) Open the camera app, tap photo and select the view mode with the icon with a 'single leaf' to have a normal size of screen."

I got a reply too. It was completely different to yours though and told me to factory reset my phone and if that fails try and test the front cam by entering *#0*# in my keypad (which was fab the front cam is perfect so it is the integration with apps that is the issue) so I would reply, as I have, that the front camera isn't the problem, but the integration with all social media apps and they need to look into it. 

Top Liked Authors