Support

Open search

Galaxy S10 Android 10 / One UI 2.0 Battery Drain & Overheating

Highlighted
Explorer

I updated my phone last week to Android 10, things seemed to be fine for the last few days until Sunday where I noticed my battery was draining massively when my phone wasn't in use. I noticed that whatsapp was trying to do a back up all morning (I don't know why.. WhatsApp is supposed to do back ups at 2am). Anyway, force stopping WhatsApp didn't change my battery from dying. I took my phone off charge 30 minutes ago and my phone is already at 92% with no use! The Battery menu is giving me no real answer to the cause. I can't just stop WhatsApp running in the background because I need it for the WhatsApp group at work and I assume that if I stop it running in the background, I'll get no more message notifications? I've currently switched the phone off and I'll leave it off for the next hour and see what happens when I turn it back on. If anyone else has experienced this, please let me know what you did to resolve it. Thanks

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Carrier: O2
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Lava087 

The best practice when a phone isn't behaving after an update is to try these in order ....

1. Check Playstore for any updates.

2. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones Live and then see what happens. If the phone returns to normal then one or more apps are not optimised. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops. Let the developer of the app know of the bugs.

3. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache. No info is lost this way.

4. Back up and factory reset after removing any relevant Sd card.

5. Let a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre have hands on with your phone.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

I have the same issue. With respect to the first response, this is nonsense. I work in Enterprise technical support, enterprise companies similar to Samsung are our customers.  This battery issue only started after updating. My settings were preserved, nothing changed, the battery was great before this. Now I have to charge it twice a day, even with battery saver mode enabled. 

I guarantee Samsung knows this is an issue. If they haven't publicly discussed it, it's cause they don't have a fix yet. 

Amazing they didn't catch this in testing.

Highlighted

Hello @ShaggyBear 

As per the Community-Guidelines 

'Respect others. Be nice to other people in the Community, even if you disagree with them. '

Everyone has a right to their own opinion which maybe nonsense to some but on the flip side good base advise to others.

Take care.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

Which is why I said...

"With respect to the first response, this is nonsense.". 

First 2 words 🙂

Have a nice day,  stay safe as well. 

Highlighted

After update I have got the same issue with battery draining and overheating the phone.. I hope samsung will fix this.. Im with s10+

Top Liked Authors