Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Full Screen Bug with Samsung Galaxy S10

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 06:54 AM)
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

I recently went into landscape mode and noticed that my phone refuses to go full screen. My apps use to go full screen and the only thing blacked out were the camera holes. Now It always shows a black bar where the camera holes are. When I boot up an app it goes full screen for a quick second but then a black bar appears across the right hand side where the camera holes are. Even when i try YouTube in landscape mode this black bar is on the right side!

All my apps use to fill the entire screen but now my phone doesn't use the space under the camera holes! I'm not sure what happened, please help me.

0 Likes
Go to solution
35 REPLIES 35
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

It does that with most apps, some apps go full screen just fine when i rotate to landscape.

As I mentioned before:

The issue I am having is my apps use to go full screen(even in Auto mode without having to set in Full Screen mode)but now my apps are not utilizing my phones full screen and are showing a black or white bar on the left side instead of filling the screen entirely.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Factory reset will solve this for sure.

I have no other ideas

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

Ok I will try this option, I will also reply back to tell you if it works or not. Thank you for all your help, take care :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Solution
Edukovic
Explorer
Options
Actually it won't. I've had this issue with my Galaxy S10 and later with Galaxy S10e. Tried all the factories reset possible, cache cleaning etc. I've even tried contacting some developers of the apps I use that have that black bar under the camera cutout. They all say they can't do a thing.

The funny thing is, some games do work full screen, others don't. I just hate this cutout camera for giving me this headache, it'd have been better not to implement it if for those bugs (and no, I'm not gonna hide the cutout, since I'd lose screen for the apps that do work fullscreen).
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

Thank you Edukovic for sharing your story!

Archer_Legend was making it seem like I was the only person with this problem so I am happy to have a 2nd opinion.

I did a factory reset as I was told, and like you said, didn't fix it. It's the same exact problem as you described, some apps run full screen and other apps act as if the "Hide Camera Holes" option is turned on and puts a black(or white) bar below the camera holes.

Is there anyway this post can be sent to a technical team for further review or maybe have it stickied to the front page? I know for a fact somebody else will encounter this problem and would find this post very helpful!

Edukovic
Explorer
Options
Archer_Legend is from Samsung right? Of course he'd like people to think it's an issue only you are having. It's bs.

Look it up on games, mainly. Bandai Namco games have this issue, and they just plain say there's no issue. Pokemon Go even boots at full screen and then disables it as it's starting. Need for Speed, on the other hand, runs smooth on all the screen area.

This looks like honestly a bad implementation on the software side (I'm no developer, just giving my 2 cents after all I've looked up) by Samsung on the camera cutout that developers (some) just don't wanna deal with and say "let this without any solution". This is disrespect towards costumers. Camera cutouts have been a thing for more than a year. We need a solution, and fast.

After the Iphone SE 2 (which is the best phone of the year; compact, flagship, has volume rockers on the left, not overpriced), I'm for the first time IN MY LIFE thinking about switching to Apple, and Samsung with its greatness (translating to enourmous not usuable screens that don't even show apps 100%) its driving me away from it.

So yeah, I'd love to take this to someone at Samsung that would actually give a ***** about this issue, but I'm pretty much sure my rant will even be deleted.
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

Come to think of it, after re-reading Archer_Legend's replies, he seems to be trying his hardest to just convince me to factory reset without actually doing any research. And was kind of disrespectful.

I really appreciate your help, maybe one day there will be a software update to fix this annoying bug/glitch.

Take care my friend!

Edukovic
Explorer
Options
Of course. They just try to make it seem like we're using it wrong.

I'll repeat it: I "hate" Apple products, but the Iphone SE 2 has convinced me. I was gonna give a S20 as a new phone for my parents. I'm gonna go with the SE 2. And If Samsung doesn't release a follow up to the S10e with the same spirit as the SE 2 has in mind, I'm switching full Apple and never look back. I know just me is not much, but I hope I can open more people's eyes with time.

Enough with being mistreated.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@Edukovic wrote:
Archer_Legend is from Samsung right? Of course he'd like people to think it's an issue only you are having. It's bs.

ahah no:face-with-tears-of-joy: i am the one who is suggestin everyone with a galaxy s20 to return it:face-with-tears-of-joy:

I personally have no problems with fullscreen apps, for example on oddsworld the stranger's wrath which is a game made in 2014 for android and last update in 2015 the phone goes fullscreen no prob if i select that option, and it is a game made for android 6 as it says the system the first time you open it.

May you tell me the name of the apps not working? so i install them on my device and try to get a solution? However it may be due to the developer not letting the app going fullscreen even though i have never had such problem on the apps i use.

Let me know

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@Edukovic wrote:
After the Iphone SE 2 (which is the best phone of the year; compact, flagship, has volume rockers on the left, not overpriced), I'm for the first time IN MY LIFE thinking about switching to Apple, and Samsung with its greatness (translating to enourmous not usuable screens that don't even show apps 100%) its driving me away from it.

by the way apple for the se 2 is not gifting you anything and the line between good priced phone and is it worth?is very debatable. You get only a flagship processor (but we do not know if it is downclocked), the rest is the same 2017 iphone 8 chassis, a quite good camera but with no night mode ect... just standard photo mode, an lcd screen and it is not even hd (pixel density is more important of course but at least an hd screen...) no jack, small screen big phone... and a very small battery (ios has better battery management but like 18000mah is not that much either)... you have an s10 i do not think it is worth downgrading to an se2....

0 Likes