Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Fingerprint sensor occasionally disappearing

(Topic created on: 17-03-2020 03:10 PM)
PP23
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

Device is S10 with Android 10, latest updates (March 1st 2020)

I have persistant issue with fingerprint reader. It occasionally dissapears from the lock screen without any action by me.

For example:
-I unlock it with my fingerprint as usual

-I lock device with power button

-I tap on screen to wake it up after few minutes, NO FINGERPRINT SCANNER SHOWN,

-I then unlock it with password

-I then lock device with power button

-now fingerprint is shown again!!

Note: I didint failed to unlock device even once before this, I have not added any BT device to unlock it with, this happens on random intervals inside/outside home. Happened also with Android 9. 

Bug or security feature, it is quite annoying.

Does anyine has explanation for this?

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PP23
Journeyman
Options

Ok folks, "It's a security feature"

In my case there is a dialog that says "For your security, use your password". So I guess Samsung thinks it is a good idea not to give you option to turn off this annoying ask-for-password-at-random-intervals feature. Perhaps they know the best what's good for us.

Question: Samsung, can you tell me what kind of woman is best for me or should I decide?

Thanks in advance!

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would suggest to send this feedback via the Samsung Members App so it gets directly to the Samsung Developers Team.

My Note 10+ 5G shows no sign of this.

I'm on Android 10 , Samsung One Ui 2.0 , 1 February 2020 patch.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
PP23
Journeyman
Options

I've seen few posts about this issue that other people have, but no apperant cause of it was stated.

I will try with the Samsung Members App and post updates here.

0 Likes
PP23
Journeyman
Options

I've sent error report couple of times already (no reply), so I've decided to send one and spam them each time this issue happens.

0 Likes
pamarakos
Apprentice
Options

@PP23 wrote:

I've sent error report couple of times already (no reply), so I've decided to send one and spam them each time this issue happens.

Hi

Did you solve it somehow?

0 Likes
DakotaBelle
First Poster
Options

This occasionally happens to me, too. As a matter of fact, it just happened again a few minutes ago. I would love to hear from you if Samsung ever responds with a solution. 

Solution
PP23
Journeyman
Options

Ok folks, "It's a security feature"

In my case there is a dialog that says "For your security, use your password". So I guess Samsung thinks it is a good idea not to give you option to turn off this annoying ask-for-password-at-random-intervals feature. Perhaps they know the best what's good for us.

Question: Samsung, can you tell me what kind of woman is best for me or should I decide?

Thanks in advance!

Clarie
First Poster
Options

This has happened to me too, so often. It's getting really annoying tbh. I'm using Samsung Galaxy S20.

0 Likes
Ehidiamen
First Poster
Options

If you dont have this issue and don't get the question, please stop saying its a security feature. 

Those of us with the issue know the difference between the security feature you describe and the issue we are reporting. 

This is not that security feature, this is an issue we are trying to get a fix for. 

Thank you.

PP23
Journeyman
Options

I think you should read more carefully. I asked this question and I found what was causing the issue in my case. In my case it was not the bug, it was intended behavior.

If you have different case, then open a new issue and describe it there and ask for help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes