Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Find my mobile and two-step verification

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 03:40 AM)
TomazDrnovsek
Explorer
Options

Let's say your phone is stolen. You have two-step verification turned on which sends you SMS to your phone. To sign in into Find my device you need to sign in to Samsung account. How do you do that since the phone was stolen?

21 REPLIES 21
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

When you enable and initially verify 2-step verification for your Samsung account it gives you the option to download/print backup codes:

Screenshot 01Screenshot 01Screenshot 02Screenshot 02

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@IreibeX wrote:

@TomazDrnovsek wrote:

Since nobody answered his topic from almost 3 months ago I would assume this actually is how things are. I'm shocked.

Okay, then let's ask the experts.

@CarlH @AntS : could you confirm this ?

yes,its if 2 step verification fails authentication. Its a 3rd step when needed.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi guys,

When you enable and initially verify 2-step verification for your Samsung account it gives you the option to download/print backup codes:

Thank you very much !

TomazDrnovsek
Explorer
Options

I really didn't remember that part of the process when enabling 2-step verification. It all makes sense now.

Thank you very much for your answer! 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem, @TomazDrnovsek!

Ferielhusseini1
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have a quick question. My phone got broken a month ago. And i fixed it. I forgot my Samsung Account password, so i have rest it. I forgot about the 2-verification.
The problem i am facing is I lost the backup codes for the 2-verification and the have changed phone number I used to set up the account with. But my e-mail is still active.
My Question is, is there a way I can get my backup codes or the 2-verification code through my e-mail, or does that mean I lost my account.
Thank you.
Baysider
Navigator
Options

Go to the Security pane, and click where it says "Two Step Verification - ON". A pop up will ask for your accoutn password. The new page has a pane labelled "Password and Security" and at the bottom it has "Two-step Verification" and a right arrow link.  Click the arrow and a "Two-step Verification" screen opens. Go to "Backup codes" and click the right arrow link. A page with 5 codes opens - record or print these. 

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

@Ferielhusseini1 wrote:
Hi, I have a quick question. My phone got broken a month ago. And i fixed it. I forgot my Samsung Account password, so i have rest it. I forgot about the 2-verification.
The problem i am facing is I lost the backup codes for the 2-verification and the have changed phone number I used to set up the account with. But my e-mail is still active.
My Question is, is there a way I can get my backup codes or the 2-verification code through my e-mail, or does that mean I lost my account.
Thank you.

if you have not kept your mobile number for some reason then your samsung acocunt is likey lost (if you can log into the samsung account website on your PC/Llaptop without needing 2FA then you can get the codes from there and enable Auth option and use the Authy app to get new codes (update the mobile number as well)

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

Hey everyone. The Authy App solution posted by @leexgx  3 weeks ago works perfectly. The app can be found here: https://authy.com/ 
Here's a screenshot of the solution @leexgx  provided.  
authy.JPG

0 Likes
SteveCHEF
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue and unfortunately it looks like the pc login is now exactly like mobile and you cant do anything to get around it. I dont even care about the account its just tied to my work email and i get my discount. 

0 Likes