Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does resolution reduce battery?

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 08:21 AM)
JerryLetehen
First Poster
Options

Have researched that there's no difference between 1080 and 1440 in battery usage. A guy on YouTube tested it out but there's a hint: phone will use less power when enabling maximum power saving with lowest screen resolution.

Who to trust?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Alpha07
Voyager
Options

Trust me. The difference between 1080p and 1440p in battery usage is very low. It is only the refresh rate that can make a big difference in battery life. It's the processing power used for 1440p processing that uses more battery. The screen itself still works the same, so it doesn't make a difference. When it comes to the refresh rate, however, the screen itself is outputting more Hertz, which means more battery.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Alpha07
Voyager
Options

Trust me. The difference between 1080p and 1440p in battery usage is very low. It is only the refresh rate that can make a big difference in battery life. It's the processing power used for 1440p processing that uses more battery. The screen itself still works the same, so it doesn't make a difference. When it comes to the refresh rate, however, the screen itself is outputting more Hertz, which means more battery.

sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
omg no wonder so I just checked now since on one UI 3.0 o had screen resolution fhd+ I'm a ***** so it's on hd the basic one will it help my battery
0 Likes