Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can i turn off the start up and system UI notifications, without turning off text alert sounds? If not, why not?🤬

(Topic created on: 17-06-2019 06:23 AM)
Twodogs
Student
Options

Every time i turn on my phone or get a system UI notification it uses my text alert sound. Just got my S10 a couple of months ago after upgrading from my S6, which I've had for last 4 years. On all my previous phones you could choose to differentiate the notifications sounds or turn it off altogether. I can't find this option anywhere! Can i turn off the start up sound off? If not, why not? It's getting  to the point where i just want to launch my phone at the wall every time it happens!!

0 Likes
Go to solution
22 REPLIES 22
PaulGor
Journeyman
Options

Hi
On that System UI screen there are many options and you need to scroll down all the way - needed option is the last one in the list. I have Adroid 9 though - could be different in Android 10

0 Likes
toy
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your time.

I have Android 10, it seems to be different.

It's a pain in the ass...

0 Likes
Averill_B
First Poster
Options

When you get to System UI > Notifications. Even though it's greyed out and set to 'On', you can still tap on each thing in the list on that page (Alerts, Storage, General Messages, Hints, etc.). You'll be able to set each thing to mute/silent. I just did that with them all and rebooted the phone to blissful silence.

DenChris
First Poster
Options

Check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQY_iwtOa30

I was able to turn it off for my S20.

toy
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, this helped a lot to me.
God bless you!
toy
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, this helped a lot to me... the video made it much clearer
God bless you all
jpperusse
First Poster
Options

I found that if NFC is activated, my unblocked Samsung S10 will beep when turned on. Even if you turn rIngtone sound off, it will still vibrate. De-activate NFC to get rid of this annoyhance.

0 Likes
Members_jiUDbwz
Student
Options

I am using a Samsung A10. After Notifications go to Phone Restarted and then choose Silent.

0 Likes
Members_jiUDbwz
Student
Options

They don't make it easy but very well spotted. I am using a Samsung A10. After Notifications go to Phone Restarted and then choose Silent.

0 Likes
zshamrock
First Poster
Options

😮FINALLY😮‌FINALLY !!

Thank you for posting... I have been dealing with this issue for over a year and this worked Great for me and my S10+

0 Likes