Support

Open search

Bluetooth showing all the time

First Poster

Hi all, is anyone else having the same security issues with Bluetooth being constantly discoverable when the phone is set to not show phone visibility . I have a galaxy s2 so require Bluetooth to be turned on all the time. I never had a problem with my S7 edge as I could have the watch connected and no one would discover the Bluetooth connection. The other day I received a request to receive a picture in the supermarket which I didn't accept from an anonymous source. I've tried all the settings to reduce phone visibility and even wiped the connection settings but it still does it. Anyone else have this problem? 

2 REPLIES 2
Troubleshooter

@Jjknight wrote:

Hi all, is anyone else having the same security issues with Bluetooth being constantly discoverable when the phone is set to not show phone visibility . I have a galaxy s2 so require Bluetooth to be turned on all the time. I never had a problem with my S7 edge as I could have the watch connected and no one would discover the Bluetooth connection. The other day I received a request to receive a picture in the supermarket which I didn't accept from an anonymous source. I've tried all the settings to reduce phone visibility and even wiped the connection settings but it still does it. Anyone else have this problem? 

Is nearby device scanning on / off??

Nearby scanning is turned off

Top Liked Authors