Support

Open search

Bluetooth S10+ won't pair with anything ( not just car)

Highlighted
Apprentice

So yesterday I thought it was just the car; after going round everything I own I can't get a thing to connect via Bluetooth 

Anyone else having same problem? 

Tried Bose speaker, sound bar, Tv, Fitbit, car ( which has totally messed up the Bluetooth system altogether in there nothing will connect noe not even my old phone which was fine the day before grrrrr!!!)

119 REPLIES 119

After turning on bluetooth tapping the word bluetooth on my phone worked for me.

Highlighted

@S10plusplus wrote:

After turning on bluetooth tapping the word bluetooth on my phone worked for me.

Oh if only it was that simple 

Highlighted

Like you Colin19, I was very cynical to S10plusplus suggestion of tapping on the word Bluetooth but it worked!
When you're on the SETTINGS->CONNECTIONS turn on Bluetooth and Phone visibility then click on the word Bluetooth on the left of the Bluetooth on/off radio button. This takes you to a SCAN Page which lists the current paired devices. Immediately the car found the Phone as it was in "find available device" mode.

It's not obvious in the S10 connection settings that you enter this scan mode by selecting "Bluetooth". I didn't realise this scan page existed.

Fortunately it was that simple for me !

thanks to you S10plusplus

Highlighted

@ArchieB wrote:

Like you Colin19, I was very cynical to S10plusplus suggestion of tapping on the word Bluetooth but it worked!
When you're on the SETTINGS->CONNECTIONS turn on Bluetooth and Phone visibility then click on the word Bluetooth on the left of the Bluetooth on/off radio button. This takes you to a SCAN Page which lists the current paired devices. Immediately the car found the Phone as it was in "find available device" mode.

It's not obvious in the S10 connection settings that you enter this scan mode by selecting "Bluetooth". I didn't realise this scan page existed.

Fortunately it was that simple for me !

thanks to you S10plusplus

If you go settings Bluetooth you will find the scan settings, using the method you did is a short cut.

l personally have no Bluetooth issues . But many users do and they can’t connect to anything.

Anyway thanks for your input

Highlighted

My S10 has been having a lot of Bluetooth issues. It pairs with my new Rav4, although sometimes it requires me to manually tell the car to pair with it. And no matter what we try it will NOT sync the contacts to the car. It has nothing but trouble pairing with my FitBit.

Am very frustrated.

Highlighted

I hate clowns 

thanks for the info .....held the start button and everything is now pairing 

thanks 

Highlighted
Hi also have two new minis,can’t connect to either of them, my previous phone was Samsung s8 no problems their,just been to mini they couldn’t do it either, waiting for them to call their technical department,it’s supposed to connect but doesn’t it will connect to my Bose and alexa Bluetooth devices ,is it a mini problem ,or a Samsung s 10+ problem I don’t know
Highlighted
It's a "Mini-Samsung" problem, tried with s10+ and s10e, neither will connect with bluetooth to the (2018) Mini car. Same phones worked like a charm in older mini cars (2015). Other phones work fine in the new Mini. Can someone from the service desk acknowledged and confirm they're investigating the issue?
Highlighted
"Other phones" means older Samsung's and iPhones.
Highlighted
First Poster

I'm having the same problem except that it's only my car! It paired to begin with and then just stopped. It will pair to hubby's car. I deleted the device pairing from both the phone and the car and tried again and no go. Super frustrated! 

Top Liked Authors