Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

April security patch for S10 (UK)

(Topic created on: 18-04-2019 05:22 AM)
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options

Has anyone got the April security update for android on their s10 yet? Its half way through the month and still no update. 

Current Phone: Galaxy S10 128GB Exynos SoC | Model SM-G973F
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm still on the February update.

I'm in the UK having a Note 9 purchased directly from a Samsung Experience Store on the Btu csc code.

Unfortunately Samsung wouldn't typically comment on time frames for this type of update and as such one can only set the phone to auto check or manually check in its software update section @MustafaIslam 

It's about time it was released as Samsung has been pretty good this year at releasing updates. 

Here's hoping and waiting.   

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

I'm in the UK having a Note 9 purchased directly from a Samsung Experience Store on the Btu csc code.

Unfortunately Samsung wouldn't typically comment on time frames for this type of update and as such one can only set the phone to auto check or manually check in its software update section @MustafaIslam 

It's about time it was released as Samsung has been pretty good this year at releasing updates. 

I am surprised you are still on the February update. I read Samsung have commited to monthly updates for many of their flagships, note 9 and S10 included.

Cited https://www.kitguru.net/lifestyle/mobile/android/matthew-wilson/samsung-commits-to-monthly-security-...

Has been reported by other news sites too. I really hope they release updates soon.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MustafaIslam wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

I am surprised you are still on the February update. I read Samsung have commited to monthly updates for many of their flagships, note 9 and S10 included.

Cited https://www.kitguru.net/lifestyle/mobile/android/matthew-wilson/samsung-commits-to-monthly-security-...

Has been reported by other news sites too. I really hope they release updates soon.

@MustafaIslam 

Screenshot_20190417-180601_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

@MustafaIslam wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

@MustafaIslam 

Screenshot_20190417-180601_Software update.jpg

That is unfortunate. I read some note 9's have already got the April update. You should contact Samsung and figure out what's happening.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

At this stage I'm not overly concerned @MustafaIslam  and know that typically Samsung do not comment officially on timeframes for Security Patch updates.

I typically check once a week.

0 Likes
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options

@BandofBrothers well if you're patient I guess it's all fine, but the April update includes lots of security patches for both android and Samsung's one ui. They mentioned over 20 in just the April update, considering u haven't got the March update yet either you're pretty vulnerable.

0 Likes
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options

Switzerland has received this update more than 5 days ago, why such a delay for everywhere else?

0 Likes
Solution
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options

I recieved the update 2 days ago. Very disappointed with it. Battery was not improved, the night mode is complete trash and the proximity sensor bug is still very much apparent. Have to disable tap to wake if I want my battery to last at all. 

We're paying a premium for a flagship that launched with so many problems that 2 months on still haven't been fixed. 

Everyone who can, use the members app and send feedback. Hopefully if enough of us report the same problem they will fix it. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

April update recieved today.

Screenshot_20190503-064613_Software update.jpg

0 Likes