Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Icons

(Topic created on: 12-07-2020 11:04 PM)
starla
Student
Options

I added and applied an icon pack from Galaxy Themes, but now I want to get rid of it and just have the basic default icons. Now I can't get rid of the downloaded icons! I've deleted the icon pack from My page/Purchased items but they won't go away. Help! 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@starla: You should be able to revert to the default icons by going to Settings > Wallpapers and Themes > Icons (at the bottom of the screen) > My Icons > View All > Default. Hope this helps.
starla
Student
Options

Thank you! That was a sneaky little bugger... I finally, accidentally, swiped up "too far" so that My icons section would display. 'Preciate it!

ScooterZa
Apprentice
Options

The menu is slightly different on One UI 2.0 on the Galaxy s10e

- Settings/Themes/MyStuff/Icons.

However, the solution does not work. I deleted the icon pack ( [Code Art] Icons of Wood ) and chose instead Default icons. Rebooted the phone, but no luck: all icons continue to have a wood plate behind them, or to be made entirely in wood (e.g. phone, camera). I also tried installing another icon pack. Did not work. I seem to be stuck with wood.

SamTech86
First Poster
Options
Hi brother. One UI2.0 allow you to do it as well. Long press homescreen> Themes. In Galaxy themes screen, you can find 3 horizontal lines in the top left corner. Click it and you can find My Stuff option. Find your default theme there!
Regards!
Middlesister421
First Poster
Options

I read your issue and am having the same problem..did you solve this icon issue yet? and if so how?its very frustrating 

@ScooterZa wrote:

The menu is slightly different on One UI 2.0 on the Galaxy s10e

- Settings/Themes/MyStuff/Icons.

However, the solution does not work. I deleted the icon pack ( [Code Art] Icons of Wood ) and chose instead Default icons. Rebooted the phone, but no luck: all icons continue to have a wood plate behind them, or to be made entirely in wood (e.g. phone, camera). I also tried installing another icon pack. Did not work. I seem to be stuck with wood.

0 Likes
ScooterZa
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, but the wood icons won't go away, no matter if I reset to default or use another theme. 

0 Likes
ScooterZa
Apprentice
Options

Afraid nothing works. I suspect the wood theme was corrupted and unless I reset the phone they are here to stay. That theme shouldn't be made available by Samsung.

0 Likes
PPCC
First Poster
Options

Hi

Did you find a fix for this as I too have the same problem now. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
ScooterZa
Apprentice
Options

No! Most icons are now okay though: the icon likely updates when each app is updated. Around 1 in 5 still have the old icon look (wood). Samsung seems oblivious to this. A system update didn't affect it. Pity.

0 Likes