Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android System WebView update problem

(Topic created on: 27-12-2019 11:31 AM)
Splints
Apprentice
Options

Android System WebView app will not install after last update on Google play store..ring constantly going round on update page...

I think this is stopping Google Chrome from updating also...

Any solutions...?

Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
Solution
Tiffany2020
First Poster
Options

My app also got stuck on "installing" mode when I tried installing its updates (Samsung Galaxy Note 10+). To stop it until there's a fix, here's what I did, 5 easy steps (I hope it also works for u :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed: 😞

1. Go to ur phones Settings,

2. Go to Apps or Manage Apps,

3. Find and click on the Google Play Store to access its details/properties screen,

4. Click the 3 dots at the top,

5. Select "Uninstall Updates".

Once I re-entered the Play Store it automatically reinstalled its updates and the Android System WebView app was no longer stuck on "installing...". Worked like a charm, thankfully! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: (Reminder: Just dont forget to go back into the Play Store's settings and disable Auto-Updates if u had them disabled before.)

Splints
Apprentice
Options
Great work Tiffany2020...
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I downloaded it again from the website.
Works great.
0 Likes
watchdog60
First Poster
Options

I had problems with Android System WebView app update after updating my Note9 to Samsung UI 2.

As suggested, I removed the updates to Playstore and then tried to update the WebView app; it worked.

Thank you.

0 Likes
M_C
Journeyman
Options

This doesn't work if the store app hasn't been updated since installing android 10, which is the case with my g9650...

Webview update freezes at 72% on store app, no matter what.

Installing from apkmirror also didn't work; tried both webview 80 and 81; same result.

0 Likes
slaviksoft
First Poster
Options

works for me

0 Likes
MrJummy
Apprentice
Options
I had this issue after a device reset and clean setup (no restore). This trick worked, so thanks. However, the Play Store does not see any app updates anymore. I hope it will auto-fix itself.
0 Likes
Drkstarinthesky
First Poster
Options

this works 😃

0 Likes
mschueller
First Poster
Options
Worked for me, thanks Tiffany2020
0 Likes
Agoroso