Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling draining battery but it's disabled

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 09:49 AM)
MB_1984
Student
Options

I have a Samsung S10. Wifi calling has been enabled on my O2 account for years but on this phone i've never been able to see the settings for it on the actual device. But recently it has started draining my battery by 5-15% overnight. 

I asked O2 to disable it on my account since i couldn't turn it on/off from the device. The option was never there despite O2 support insisting it should be. But even with it disabled on my account, it is still somehow draining my battery. It used 15.1% of my battery last night in 7 hours.

Anybody got any ideas how to stop this?

5 REPLIES 5
loopylynz
Student
Options
Wifi calling is in phone. Three dots. Settings and then wifi calling is there part way down x
0 Likes
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Hiya just to let you know I own a Samsung S10 and it's in connections in your settings where you can switch it on or not or check your control panel pull it down scroll until you see Wi-Fi calling just double check to see if it's on or off there to

Screenshot_20210414-095403_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210414-095542_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
MB_1984
Student
Options

Thanks but the wifi calling setting has never appeared on my handset. I know where it should be as i can see it on other people's phones. But despite O2 insisting it was enabled from their side, i've never been able to see the setting on the handset. O2 couldn't figure out why not, so i asked them to disable it on my account. I thought that would stop the battery draining but it still does

0 Likes
wra01
Pioneer
Options
Download Galaxy Labs from Galaxy Store...

It will dramatically improve Battery Performance.
0 Likes
loopylynz
Student
Options
Are you pay monthly or payg? X
0 Likes