Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wide Selfie

(Topic created on: 24-07-2019 10:31 PM)
Andyneouk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I know there is a lot of talk about the (rubbish) selfie camera on the s10 but does anyone know where the "wide selfie" option went? i had it on my s9 and it was excellent. Samsung, can we have it back please?

or does anyone know of a decent alternative app for it?

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@Andyneouk: If you open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol to open Camera Settings > Camera Modes > Edit Modes, you should see Wide Selfie in the list of available options. Tap the circle to the left to tick and enable this mode. Now, when you're using the front facing camera you can swipe to access the Wide Selfie Mode (the list of modes should be visible at the bottom of the screen). Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Andyneouk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi thanks for the info. I already tried that and there's no mention of any "front" camera shooting modes. I can select the options for the rear camera but no mention of wide selfie or any other from camera options. Do you have an s10 and is it there on yours? 

0 Likes
Ceci88
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello, I have also tried to add the mode but wide selfie is gone. I am upgrading from an s9 and this totally sucks. 

I never thought I would have a worse selfie camera. 😞

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

There should be two options for selfies and for the ultra wide photo , click the icon with the three trees or leaves (2 trees on S10+)  I do not see an option in the settings  either but the different modes were there by default.

A few tips on taking the best photos here:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/galaxy-s10-tips-and-tricks-to-get-the-most-out-of-the-camera/

My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 4.0,Android 12 Beta 2
0 Likes