Did you mean: 

Original topic:

WhatsApp notifications

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 05:53 PM)
littleannie310
Apprentice
Options

Hi all!

I updated my Note10 to One UI 3.0 yesterday and since then am having the most frustrating time with WhatsApp notifications! It is unbelievable! I usually have WhatsApp notifications on Silent but that has changed since the update. Moreover, 'Silent' is not silent anymore, the sound is the default 'Spaceline' sound! It is so exasperating! I would like to see the notification pop up but just not here a sound! Why is this so hard? Am I doing sonething absolutely foolish?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
AndrewL
Options

@littleannie310: That's strange. Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Whatsapp > Notifications > General Notifications > Silent > Show As Pop-up > On > Sound > Choose 'Silent'. Go back and do the same for New Messages (if applicable) and hopefully this will resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
littleannie310
Apprentice
Options

Hi AndrewL! Thanks for your reply! Hmm..I don't have an option for General notifications in Settings (see attached). 

Screenshot_20210119-195955_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
littleannie310
Apprentice
Options

Ok, it was a little different for me but I've done as you have suggested now! 😊 Hopefully it works! 🤞

With this new setting, would I be able to use custom notifications for some chats?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@littleannie310: If you tap on some of the available options, such as 'Show Notifications', 'Group Notifications' etc (the words, not the switch to the right) does this open up more options, such as those referenced in my previous post? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@littleannie310: Oops, looks like you beat me to it :smiling-face: I'm not sure about custom notification sounds unfortunately, however if you have some installed which are available on other apps, but they're not showing up as an option in Whatsapp, then this might be a restriction of the app itself. 

0 Likes
littleannie310
Apprentice
Options

Thanks a lot for your help! Now I'm just waiting for a text to see if the new setting works 😁

evanroyale
First Poster
Options

 It doesn't work for me. Its not allowed in this version of whatsapp yet I guess. 

Screenshot_20210120-233729_WhatsApp.jpg

0 Likes
littleannie310
Apprentice
Options

Yes, in the end it didn't work for me either 😕

0 Likes
evanroyale
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20210121-201057_Gmail.jpg

 i asked whatsapp support and they said that it's what they intended. 

0 Likes