Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water DMG s10+

(Topic created on: 12-11-2020 09:25 AM)
Gregoris
Pioneer
Options

Hey all,

I have the s10+ and my son threw my phone in water. it did was basically a puddle. I thought the phone could go in water for 30 mins and up to 2 meters? Suddenly the phone is all green and tuning in and out like an out of tune TV channel...

I have had the phone less than a year. I assume this won't be covered under warranty ? What are my options?

I got it from the UK online store.

I don't know why samsung and apple advertise phones that can go under water if they break the second you do put it in water. 

Thanks in advanced.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Gregoris 

The phone is advertised with an ip rating that means it's water resistant.

It's not waterproof.

So if water does manage to get into the phone then unfortunately the warranty wouldn't apply for a free repair.

You could ask a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to take a look and provide a costing or look at any relevant insurance policy.

Or sell the phone as water damaged i.e trade in and buy another phone.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Gregoris 

The phone is advertised with an ip rating that means it's water resistant.

It's not waterproof.

So if water does manage to get into the phone then unfortunately the warranty wouldn't apply for a free repair.

You could ask a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to take a look and provide a costing or look at any relevant insurance policy.

Or sell the phone as water damaged i.e trade in and buy another phone.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Gregoris
Pioneer
Options

Hello and thank you for your reply.

Apple told me the same thing with the XS max when it had water issues. But it did not go under water for 30 minutes and nowhere near 2 meters.  I have taken it into the sea and dipped it under water for larger amounts of time and depth and it was fine.

This time it decided to start flickering like crazy at the end of the day. The funny thing is that last night it decided to turn itself back on and start working perfectly again. Maybe it just needed to dry off?

12 or so hours and it is working perfectly again...

What ever it was. I a m glad it is working and I hope it stays that way. When I get the new samsung (s21?) I will be more careful. It won't go anywhere near water. No matter what is advertised. Even if Samsung make a water proof one and not water resistant :smiling-face:

Thanks for your help. You have been most helpful.

All the best,

0 Likes