Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE is not working and it is not available in my S10, in another S10 with same SIM is available!

(Topic created on: 18-06-2021 05:41 AM)
MartinPo
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I tested VOLTE with two different S10 with the same SIM.

On my phone I'm not able to recieve or make a calls when I'm in location with  4g/LTE reception only. Internet and SMS work fine in the same place. If I go to Settings->Mobile networks there is NOT option "VOLTE calls" at all. When I make a call, phone will switch to UMTS (3g network), so I'm able to make a call only in areas where 3g is available.

With the same SIM card on my friend's phone, "Enable Volte" option is in the menu. and he is able to make calls over 4G network.

I'm in contact with "Samsung service center" and trying to sort this isue out since January this year. No one is able to get my phone works correctly. All I want is to have a phone working  as should be and not run between "Service" and "Store" in unfineted circles, one is saying it is a SIM card fault other is saying it is a phone fault.......

Model of both phones is SMG-973F, software version is the same and both have a last version of Android. Only diference I can see is in Service provider software version.

My version is SOAMC_SM-973F_OXM_NZC_RR_0005 NZC/NZC/NZC

My friend  has  SAOMC_SM-G973F_OXM_TNZ_RR_0005 TNZ/TNZ/TNZ

But... my phone was in "Samsung service center"  they didn't repair it, but they completaly refresh all software in my phone. It is still not working 😞

Thanks for answer. Martin

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@MartinPo 

hello

VoLTE service is defined by a network carrier

observe, the CSC codes of both phones are different (NZC and TNZ)

which means they have different networks

to sort this, contact the network carrier which does not have VoLTE service

this is due to stock firmware of the phone are coming from them

thanks ☺☺☺

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
MartinPo
First Poster
Options

Hi,

thanks for answer, network carries has VOLTE enabled.

If I put my SIM card (same network carrier) to S21 from same network carrier or to S9(older model with SAOMC_SM-G960F_OXM_NZC_QQ_0008 NZC/NZC/NZC)   calls over 4g works with the same simcard and carrier.

If the problem is to change CSC codes(file), why no one did it in last 4 months to get phone woks correctly?

I can do it if you are sure it will help. Thanks Martin

0 Likes
albertos10plus
Pioneer
Options

it works now or not yet?

I am having the almost same problem with yoigo in spain. Xiaomi mi 10 t, or iphone having volte but my s10 plus having the option enabled it won't register in ims so no volte.. but xiaomi and iphone yeah. My next mobile won't be a samsung at this way

0 Likes
MartinPo
First Poster
Options

Yes it starts to work with last firmware update from Samsung.

I did find before the problem was in version of "Service provider software version file"

VOLTE on S10 works with SAOMC_SM-G73F_OXM_TNZ_RR_0005 TNZ/TNZ/TNZ !!in our country!!

Have a look in other S10 phones around.  If you find someone who owns one and his is working with VOLTE, then comapare "Servic provider software version". If you want to try it, you should be able to download and upgrade your phone with the same version.

Cheers.

0 Likes
albertos10plus
Pioneer
Options

Idk how  to install it... To be honest. And I have read that many atl Samsung's are "blocked" in atl you can't change it.

To be more specific I have been told that one is having volte with S10 plus but on phe the free company Spanish ROM . But mine is atl. There is no sense on getting volte depending on your ROM.. Samsung.. may be not more for me 😞

0 Likes