Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Voicemail notification

(Topic created on: 29-09-2022 02:11 PM)
Emilye
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I've deleted avoicemail but the notification hasn't gone away. I've cleared cache, cleared data, restarted phone, forced stop and nothing has work. My software is up to date.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Emilye: Where is the notification currently visible? If it's showing in your Status Bar, please try heading to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Show notification icons, then select None. If you switch back to your previous setting following this step, is the notification still visible? If so, try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings, but it will refresh the phone and should hopefully clear the unwanted notification for you. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Emilye
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
The notification shows on the status bar. I have followed your steps but it is still there after I reseted my phone. My setup is bixby button and power button to reset it
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I havent seen this is ages, I used to get that happen alot. I found that I had unread or unheard voicemail that triggered it

Have you read all you voicemail?
0 Likes
Emilye
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I have. Even when I call the number it says there's no new messages and then proceeds to list the options
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I can't think what else I did, it has been many years since I had that

I know it's really annoying having that icon always there, used to drive me nuts
0 Likes
bels1234
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I phoned the voicemail, and on the menu there was option to change notifications. I changed it to alert me via text message, then I changed it back to status bar notifications. After I hung up that symbol FINALLY disappeared!
0 Likes