18-02-2020 04:52 PM - last edited 18-02-2020 04:52 PM
Ocationally I get a Viber call where I only hear the ringtone. But nothing on display. No name, notification....the screen is blank, just the ringtone. I CANT ANSWER THE CALL OR EVEN DECLINE IT. No call screen!
I get in to the viber app it just acts as if nothing new is happening. I can enter chats, settings while there is someone obviously calling me.
After 2 minutes I will simply get missed call in the call log.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-06-2020 05:40 PM in
You need to go to
- app permission
- see all viber permissions
- allow call logs access
abd here you go
I have all permissions
I have all permissions on.
This is a bug between Viber and Android 10 (i didn't have this problem on android 9). A bug, plain and simple.
It only occurs occasionally and under specific circumstances.
Viber told me the usual.... blame Android.
I watched Viber reviews.
And there are plenty of people who have the same problem.
01-06-2020 08:55 PM in
I have fixed now for my wife and she has android 10.
did you Try to reinstall Viber?
in her case it was not working only when Viber was not in memory and the app closed
I tried everything. Android 10 reinstall, Viber reinstall. Nothing worked.
But that not in memmory or app closed thing might have some truth.
I can see and test it.
01-06-2020 09:29 PM in
In the case of my wife the problem was reproducible only when Viber app was clsoed. If the app is in memory she didn't have that problem.
and this appearead from android 10 but now it is solved by changing that permission.
antway try not to kill the app and keep in memory.
It must work
05-12-2020 05:47 PM in
This is definitely not "Solved". Just got the S10 myself and I have the exact same problem.
I confirm the above observations + will add my own.
1. The issue describe is still happening in December 2020.
2. The issue only happens when the app has been closed. No issues with an open app.
3. Your solution doesn't change anything. My app has all requested permissions.
4. Potentially a separate issue, but there is no ability to answer the call (when the app is running), without unlocking the phone.
5. WhatsApp has the same permissions and is "battery optimized" and has no issues whatsoever. So the problem is with the S10 build.