Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb keep connected and disconnected.

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 09:27 PM)
Fufsayd
Apprentice
Options

Hello, i know that this issue have been posted so many times, my s10e usb can't connected and the notifications keeps saying usb connected/ usb disconnected, and most of the solution are talking about reinstall the driver on the laptop, but this solution is impossible for me, since I've connecting the USB using the usb dongle. So obviously it's the problem from the device itself, so don't blame windows or anything. 

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Fufsayd: Are you using a USB-C to USB-A adapter to connect to your laptop? If so, it could potentially be an issue with the dongle itself, or the USB port on the laptop itself. With this in mind, have you tried connetcing to an alternate USB port to see if the issue persists?

When you connect to your charger, or another external device that doesn't require an adapter, are you able to maintain a stable connection? In the meantime, to troubleshoot the issue, please head to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the downward facing arrow, to the right of 'Your apps' > Show System Apps *toggle this on* > OK > USBSettings > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then restart your S10e. Does this improve the stability of your laptop connection? 

0 Likes
Techface
Journeyman
Options
Sounds like the laptop isn't giving enough power to your phone. The reason it's saying connected-disconnected is because it's recognising that power is going to the phone, but not enough that it can actually charge it.

There's not really a set fix unfortunately, but you could always try a different cable to see if it provides more power, and also change the USB settings in your Windows.
0 Likes
Fufsayd
Apprentice
Options

Just as i mention before, i did not connect to the laptop, I'm using the type c USB connector which directly connect from the usb to my phone. Before this, there is no problem of connection, I'm pretty sure this problem happen after the update or maybe not. I will try using a new connector, or maybe find myself a p.c/ laptop to connect. Thank you for your respond. 

0 Likes
Fufsayd
Apprentice
Options

Hello, thanks for your respond, I'm using type c, as i said previously, i did not connect with the pc/laptop, I'm using the type c USB connector which directly connecting my USB storage to the phone. However, i have no problem charging my phone. I have try the troubleshoot that you suggest, and restart the, but the problem still happen. Here the situation, I'm using the type c usb connecting and directly connecting my usb storage to my phone, when i put on the usb, it say, usb connector connect, then usb connector disconnect, even after i remove the usb storage from my phone, the notification still continue, usb connector connect/ disconnect and it continually notifications with connect and disconnect.  The only way to stop the notification is to restart my phone.  So, i do believe it has nothing to do with the dongle/ connector or the charging port. However, i will try the connector on different device. If somehow it connect, then maybe its the phone problem. Its either the charging port or the software inside. Maybe reset/ format to factory setting or changing the charger port. Thanks again for the respond, i will update if i manage to solve it. 

0 Likes
Jakobi
Explorer
Options

It's after the update. I'm having the same problem. Is fast charging still working for you?

0 Likes