Did you mean: 

Original topic:

USB-C headphones not recognised

(Topic created on: 25-05-2020 04:56 PM)
Ryanicholls
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have a Samsung S10, and have just bought a pair of headphones which connect wirelessly via a USB-C dongle.

When I plug the dongle into the S10 sound continues to play out of the phone's speakers, as it seems not to recognise it being plugged in at all. The headphones are advertised as working with a Note 10, and I have tested them and they work with an S9, and with a computer and PS4, so it appears the phone is the issue. 

The headset is plug and play, so shouldnt be an issue of apps/ software to download. The headset is a SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless if this helps at all.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

with the dongle in try lo look if something appears in the multimedia area in the notification menu

0 Likes
Ryanicholls
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi Archer,
Nothing comes up in the media or devices section of the notification bar. I don't see anything there whilst playing through headphones with a regular 3.5mm jack either.

Ryan
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Sorry. At this point i have no other ideas.

0 Likes
Ryanicholls
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Update: restarting the phone with dongle in allows me to bring up the USB settings menu. 

In this menu the 'USB controlled by' setting is constantly flashing as if the dongle is constantly being recognised. The phone then gets very hot and burns a lot of battery, putting it on wireless charge with the dongle still attached then causes it to switch between wireless charge and fast wireless charge constantly.

SmartSelect_20200526-132403_Settings.gif

0 Likes
Howarddavidp
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I also have the Arctic’s 1 phones and a Samsung Galaxy S9, but on the S9 phones you can only listen to music, phone calls and the mc do not work via the usb c. Dongle.  Did you try to make a phone call with the S10?

Ryanicholls
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi Howard.

It doesnt appear to work at all for music or for phone calls. I think it is a problem with my USB-C port.

If I plug the phone into a computer I get the same alternating "USB connector connected/disconnected" message ans the computer doesn't recognise the phone either.

Ryan

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So strange

0 Likes
pagacmates
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Try turning on the Automatic audio USB routing in the developer's settings

0 Likes
skyballs
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Which dev setting are you referring to? I see "Disable USB audio routing" which doesn't seem to affect the issue when toggled. I don't see anything about enabling automatic routing.

0 Likes