Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Unknown pics

(Topic created on: 25-08-2021 09:05 PM)
Kunlexzy01
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hello, could someone assist please? Each time I restart my S10, there are these 5 pictures that usually appear in my gallery like I just got the phone. It started about 2 months ago. I keep deleting them but once I restart my phone again, they appear in my gallery.
8 REPLIES 8
Antos905
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the same problem. 5 pics appear even when I delete it. The same 5 pics

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @Kunlexzy01 and @Antos905 

Have a look in your phone's relevant Sync Settings as this sounds like your deleting the photos locally off the phone's internal storage capacity but then it's syncing with something like a Google Photo's etc vault or similar which is then somehow returning them for you to see.

If you use a SD CARD then make sure they are being deleted from that too.

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Antos905
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @BanOfBrothers,

The problem is that it is unrelated to pictures I've ever taken. So I'm not sure of its source, also, its always the same 5 pics. It looks to me like theme images, of people/activities. I was thinking it could be related to an app/theme. But I'm also scared for malicious content on my phone...

BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It's quite conceivable that the photo's are included content in an app or theme.

Have you downloaded any at all ? @Antos905 

0 Likes
Antos905
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have, and after your message, i've deleted the most recently installed apps. This includes a keyboard editor/personalize function with "themes". I hope this does the trick.

BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

How did you get on @Antos905  ? 🤞

0 Likes
Antos905
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @BandOfBrothers,

So, after googling a bit, it turned out that the video editor app: VivaVideo, is responsible for adding these images to my gallery every time. I guess it was part of some template? I deleted the app and it the 5 images haven't  reappeared. 🙂

Thanks for your suggestions!😁

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Awesome news and thank you for updating the thread @Antos905  👌

0 Likes