Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to copy and paste across devices

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 03:03 PM)
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
I am unable to copy and paste over my Samsung devices anymore. I have checked Advanced features 》Continue apps on other devices and its on for both devices. Also in the pull down menu my tablet and phone are connected, I'm also receiving text messages etc on my tablet so the connection is definitely there.

It's becoming frustrating.
19 REPLIES 19
AndrewL
Options

@SteveQuinn: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Although I understand that you have checked Settings > Advanced Features > Continue Apps On Other Devices, and it is enabled on both devices, please can you also check the following. 

1. Both devices must be signed in to the same Samsung account

2. Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network

3. Both devices must have Bluetooth enabled 

If you have checked the above, and everything is set up correctly, then please can you confirm if you're still able to copy and paste content as standard on each device? 

SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
Hi Andrew all that list is in good order here but still not working
DoubleYou963
First Poster
Options
The problem is, it was all working fine and then stopped working. No changes in any settings. All remained the same. It says "you can paste here or on other device" but when you try to paste, there's nothing. It doesn't copy to clipboard even though it says it does. Really frustrating.
Miklangelo
Apprentice
Options

Hey, did you find a solution? I'm facing the exact same issue

CaliBeagle
Apprentice
Options

Have the exact same issue which occurred around the time of the Android 14 update. What I have found is that if I use the Samsung keyboard on both devices it works. If I use Gboard, which is my strong preference, is when the problem arises. It works when Samsung keyboard is on the Copy sided and Gboard on the paste side but not the reverse. 

0 Likes
jdorion1
Apprentice
Options

They disable the copy/paste feature for the platform, before OneUI 6.0 and 6.1 you were able to use it without any problem. With, for example, Gboad, after the update you can only achive that if you use Samsung Keyboard, try it, change the default keyboard to Samsung or ShiftKey and you will be able to copy/paste again across devices.

jdorion1
Apprentice
Options

Exactly, it's working only for Samsung, SwiftKey keyboards. Sooo sad, they need to enable it back to the whole system.

0 Likes
tsukiyokon
First Poster
Options

you are absolutely right. I do light this function work w/ other input apps.🤣

0 Likes
BenB245
Journeyman
Options

For me it also doesn't work with SwiftKey, only with Samsung Keyboard the synchronization is working.

Can anyone confirm that? 

I have already made a bug report through Samsung Members, hopefully they will repair it with a future update.