Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Turn on Android 8.1 and later Color management by including color profile of display

(Topic created on: 22-04-2019 01:29 PM)
Balling
Pioneer
Options

Since all amoled displays has more than sRGB color gamut, color managment should be working, but adaptive display is not enough. Just look in the picture of Display tester.  So Android support is on but Samsung didn't include color profile to support it. Also i posted it in galaxy s10 section because according to displaymate it support it in natural mode:

"New Automatic Color Management

Most Smartphones and Tablets generally provide only one to up to several fixed Color Gamuts. The Galaxy S10 has Automatic Color Management that automatically switches to the proper Color Gamut for any displayed image content that has an ICC Profile within the OLED Wide Color Space, so images automatically appear with the correct colors, neither over-saturated or under-saturated. Automatic Color Management with multiple and varying Color Gamuts is a very useful and important state-of-the-art capability that all manufacturers will need to provide in the future."  But even with natural mode chrome does not support it.

If you do not want to do it, can you give me color profile (.icc or .icm) file of tab s3? Thank you. I just want to test it in custom kernel...

Screenshot_20190310-210048_Display Tester.jpg

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0