Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off Calendar Predictions

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 05:19 AM)
Naffykins
Student
Options
Hi everyone, I messaged support a few weeks ago to ask them how I can turn off predictions within the Calendar app. 

It's a pet peeve of mine how it tries to predict whatever you're doing; say if you go to enter an event and type 'So' (for example) a huge annoying dropdown appears with every past event you've ever had that had the combination 'So' within the title. It covers all of the parts of the screen you have to put information into and to get it to go away you have to close your keyboard and tap at the bottom of the screen. (Like I said, pet peeve but it really bugs me 😂)

Support gave me instructions on turning off preditcive text; which was not what I was asking but I understand the confusion. I further explained it's not a keyboard related thing, but the calendar app remembering past entered events (as opposed to predictive text which offers random words based on your entry). For the record, I did try to turn off predictive text, but as expected, this only disabled predictive text. I told support that it didn't work and wasn't what I meant but they stopped replying.

The interface that appears covers up all of the areas relevant for entering your event and it really annoys me as someone who uses their calendar app a lot!

I can't find anything within Settings or within Calendar's settings to turn this off. If anyone knows please kindly let me know 🙏 I'm on Android version 11.

Thank you! 🤗

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry I can't help, as I prefer using Google calendar rather than the stock Samsung one (if you currently save your events to a Google account, you can sync all your saved events straight into Google calendar btw). This may be a solution for you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi, one thing i found that seemed to work is deleting the previous calender event dates. They don't seem to self delete even after 1 year 🤷‍♂️
Naffykins
Student
Options
Thank you both for replying! I just wish they'd put an autopredict option in! 😫 the events in the screenshot I posted are from 2017!
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Yeah it seems that all of our digital footprints are getting bigger by the day it seems. Unless we all delete it as we go 😅
0 Likes
JodiRB
First Poster
Options

I agree. This feature is a hindrance.  I have had to misspell the event and edit to avoid this or hold the event title with one thumb and click on the area underneath or to the side to get past the suggested events.  Only other solution is to remove all cache which essentially deletes all past events which I Need To Keep. So I will not do.  Why is This feature even here??? Horrible programming by Samsung. 

0 Likes