Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade-in - return pack not arrived yet?

(Topic created on: 16-03-2019 06:53 PM)
nds1920
Apprentice
Options

My S10+ was delivered on the 8th March yet there is no trace of any bag or package to send the old device back. Anyone else in the same situation? I used the Live Chat function and they advised it would take up to 7 days from when you receive the device. It's been 7 days already; 

I also contacted Samsung on Facebook and they advised me to call Samsung Shop, which I did and they sent me the details to contact MTR, which I did. Waiting on a response but I guess it will be late next week before I hear back.

I wouldn't worry too much, but I don't want to end up losing the trade-in evaluation and having to pay the difference for their own fault. 

13 REPLIES 13
Stu1616
First Poster
Options

I'm in exactly the same position. E-mailed Samsung customer support the other day and had a similar response which also mentioned that they'd extended the amount of time you have to return your old device to 14 days after receiving the new one. At this rate that may not even be possible..

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

not received mine yet and been 10 days since ihad s10+.. just emailed support to see what happening

0 Likes
Ducky22
Journeyman
Options
I'm now on 12 days and still not received any thing to return my old phone. really hoping that they dont charge me for it when its not returned on the 15th day.
0 Likes
Stu1616
First Poster
Options

I'd suggest emailing customer support. I did that a couple days ago and they said they'll send out a new return pack

0 Likes
Jamessewell
Apprentice
Options

I was told its 7 days from when you receive the package to return the part ex phone not from when you receive your new phone

0 Likes
Ducky22
Journeyman
Options

They told me the same thing 7 days from receipt. Today ive been on live chat they told me to contact the trade in people directly and gave me an email address. I emailed the trade in people and they emailed me back with a telephone number. I then called the number and was put on hold listening to "we are very busy" over and over and over again. Finally got through to some one that i could barely understand only to be told to phone or email the previous people ! I told her that it was they that had told me to call them and so around and around we went. I wont be happy if £200 appears on my credit card on Saturday because ive run out of time.

0 Likes
nds1920
Apprentice
Options

Don't worry. They told me this today: 

-----------------------------------

Thank you for confirming your address,

We have sent another returns pack out to you today, in the post.

Please allow up to one week for the pack to arrive.

Please note, we have now extended the returns period to 14 days.

If you have been given a time-frame, please disregard this. It is just stated to get people to send their phones in quicker. Just send your phone in as soon as your pack arrives.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

-----------------------------------

This is the email to contact them: helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk

Jamessewell
Apprentice
Options
Thanks pal I'll email them 👌🏽
nds1920
Apprentice
Options

Quick update. Following the email I received a few days ago, today the return pack arrived. It consists of some instructions, an envelope and two labels. They recommed you use the tracked and insured one, which is Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed. You actually have to pay for the label at the post office, unless you use the free one. I wasn't expecting to pay for that, but I'd rather risk £7.30 than £250. 

Anyway, I sent the phone back. Now hopefully I won't have any more issues. 

0 Likes