Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Trade in options

(Topic created on: 04-03-2019 07:22 PM)
SaUkGirl
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi there. I pre-ordered the S10 through Samsung website but via their retailer options... Argos essentially, as the model I wanted through Samsung was sold out. I was advised I can still get the trade in discount when I pre-ordered, but the option did not come up when I paid for the phone.

Does anyone know if I can still trade my old phone in and how?

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It may not be applicable as you've purchased from another site not connected to Samsung.

Samsung themselves are offering trade in and the free earbuds.

I would suggest to call Samsung or use their Live Chat to get some official clarification. 

Would you let us know how you get on please. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

AntS
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @SaUkGirl . As BandOfBrothers indicated, there's a Trade In Programme specific to pre-orders made directly from the Samsung e-Store. But check out this link for non-Samsung e-Store Trade In:  https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/ :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
SaUkGirl
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks. I spoke to 2 people in Samsung and both gave me different answers but essentially not possible. I then found the screenshot I took that shows you can apply for a tradein after you receive the device. So will try again when I get my phone.

They advised there was a recycle option but for less money. Worth a try on that for anyone who is interesred

https://www.samsungrecycle.co.uk

Thanks again. 

0 Likes
AndyPandy1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I purchased mine through Very and on there site it gives you the following web address to get a bonus trade in value.....

samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/promo/SDG

within the terms and conditions it does say Argos along with a few other retailers.

I tried doing it yesterday but it comes up stating IMEI number not recognised so I've had to email them, will also be calling them on Monday to find out whats going on.

0 Likes
SaUkGirl
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Awesome. Thank you! How did you get on with Very?

0 Likes
Stanley_Cooper
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I would be interested whether you sorted this out.  I purchased my phone from very and having the same problem with buds and trading in my old phone as my imei invalid.  I spoke with samsung yesterday who basically say I need to speak with very.  Who then said I need to speak with samsung again!

0 Likes
SaUkGirl
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi Stanley_Cooper.

I managed to fill in the online form for the ear buds. It took several tries. I first used the first IMEI no which did not work and then used the second one on the box. Really not sure why there are 2. I just got an email from Samsung saying they will look into my request. So just wait and see I suppose. I also emailed helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk about the trade in but haven't heard back yet. 

I would suggest trying again and screenshot all the problems you have. Might be worth trying on your old phone or a computer as well. Let us know how you get on

0 Likes
Spirit979
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

The reason there are two IMEIs is because its dual sim 

0 Likes
Stanley_Cooper
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ok so spoke to the people behind samsungrecycle.co.uk website and it looks like retailers like Very and John Lewis have not passed the latest imei numbers back to samsung.  This is the reason when entering them on th8s website it doesn't recognise them.  Hopefully they can fix, I am also hopeful this is the same reason why I can't claim the wireless ear buds.  The guy I spoke to stated they had around 300 trade ins to be processed so hopefully this will be resolved soon.

0 Likes