Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Totally unofficial buds review

(Topic created on: 01-04-2019 07:23 PM)
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Got my buds. Have a totally unasked for mini review...

Sound: Pretty good. The bass isn't as bad as media have made out. Plenty loud enough on full, but not enough (for me) to have to turn down from 100% (more on that at the bottom) certain on par with the packaged earphones which I found more then suitable.

Controls: A bit lacking to be fair, bit that's mainly Aimed at the fact you can have EITHER volume controls OR ambient sound. Would like to have Ambient sound AND volume controls, but not possible. Which is a shame because on the odd occasion I would use it I can't as I have volume controls mapped to it. On top of this, the ambient sound option has you hold down the touchpad for as long as you need it. This makes you look like a Pillock and a knock off secret service agent. Would much prefer it as a toggle.

Wear app: Decent options (well, all you need) but one pointer

1. The equalizer MUST be orange, or its off. Took me a few minutes to realize why the sound was flat.

Not much in the options to be fair, but not much I can think of missing

All in all, very good. Decent sound, no wires, good connectivity, and hard wearing (as I found when I dropped them on concrete less then an hour after having them...) and no real complaints (apart from the adaptive sound annoyance I have) would I pay £130? Yeah probably. All in all, happy.

One thing I do recommend is connect the buds, go to Bluetooth settings> advanced and turn off volume sync. This stops the buds volume controlling the phone volume. Turn the buds on max volume then the phone media volume. There, max volume. Without this the buds will be adjusting the phone volume without being on their own max volume.

Sure others will jump in if anyone has any questions, fire away.

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Awesome review @KillYourIdols 

I did pay £130 for the black versions from the UK Samsung Online Shop.

The bass output should be Ok for some users but for me I found myself wanting more.

Maybe I've been spoilt by using my Bose Bluetooth Headphones  :winking-face:

I really liked how the settings for the touchpads could be set, but I wanted to control volume + & - using them and also have Ai control.but sadly that cant be achieved at this time - or maybe never who knows. 

You can set ambient to be On all the time but that does have certain drawbacks when listening to music.

After several phones calls to different people both indoors and outdoors to both mobile numbers and landlines I could hear the incoming call fine but had mixed reports from people I sounded distant or croaky. This falls inline to what YouTube reviewers have reported too.

I set the Eq on mine to dynamic which gives a balanced overall experience imo.

Mine stayed in very well using the fins and medium earbuds that came on them but unfortunately whenever I wore my normal glasses or shades the arm pushed onto the fin and caused noticable loss of sound. I tried all the fins and ear tips with no improvement.

I hasten to add this obviously wasn't the fault of the Buds.  :smiling-face:

But because of this situation I had to return them and start looking again for alternatives.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Awesome review @KillYourIdols 

I did pay £130 for the black versions from the UK Samsung Online Shop.

The bass output should be Ok for some users but for me I found myself wanting more.

Maybe I've been spoilt by using my Bose Bluetooth Headphones  :winking-face:

I really liked how the settings for the touchpads could be set, but I wanted to control volume + & - using them and also have Ai control.but sadly that cant be achieved at this time - or maybe never who knows. 

You can set ambient to be On all the time but that does have certain drawbacks when listening to music.

After several phones calls to different people both indoors and outdoors to both mobile numbers and landlines I could hear the incoming call fine but had mixed reports from people I sounded distant or croaky. This falls inline to what YouTube reviewers have reported too.

I set the Eq on mine to dynamic which gives a balanced overall experience imo.

Mine stayed in very well using the fins and medium earbuds that came on them but unfortunately whenever I wore my normal glasses or shades the arm pushed onto the fin and caused noticable loss of sound. I tried all the fins and ear tips with no improvement.

I hasten to add this obviously wasn't the fault of the Buds.  :smiling-face:

But because of this situation I had to return them and start looking again for alternatives.

Agreed with majority of this (bar the glasses issue, I couldn't comment).

Forgot to add that personally, I've had no issues on calls but only made 2 short ones and so far none of the connection issues/static noises others have suffered from. Although I really like them, I feel there could be a bit moreto them, a bit more of an overall package, but looking forward to future updates.

Shame you couldn't enjoy them, however they were never realistically beat a good set of Bose regardless.

0 Likes
AndyHeff
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Am happy with them partcually how they fit, however I listen to radio whilst out an about and note my 4g connection drops all the time whereas as with the wired phones that came with the 10+, this never happened.

0 Likes