Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The state of Samsung customer support

(Topic created on: 08-03-2019 03:39 PM)
Kriegar
Explorer
Options

I noticed a lot of people having similar issues to me regarding the disgusting customer support that Samsung has, so thought I would start a thread so we can collect everyone's horrible experiences into one area in a hope that someone higher up at Samsung sees this and does something about it (unlikely).

For us it started with not being able to get the confirmation for my fiance. After over a week and going through about 10+ members of staff in the many attempts we made to get it sorted we managed to get them to send the ***** email... It didn't end there though, because on the email it stated she would get the phone on the 8th... Well, that's today and the confirmation email still says that it hasn't even been prepared for dispatch.

We were then told that there is something wrong with the order and the guy we spoke to on the phone would try and get a special delivery sorted and get back to us... He didnt get back to us (shocker).

Every time we contact Samsung regarding these issues, they either pin the blame on someone else (close brothers) or tell us they will sort it out and phone us back... They have told us a good 10-20 times now that they will phone us back for different things and they have NEVER followed through on that, they just go quiet and we have to start the process again with a new *****. 

This hasn't just been from the low-level staff either, this is the management staff too who are blatantly lying to customers and making false promises.

Name and shame time:

Sam (Samsung Shop Support Team)

Macy (Samsung Shop Manager)

Mary (Samsung Shop Support Team)

Joel (Samsung Shop Support Manager)

The rest were spoken to over the phone or in the live chat which I, unfortunately, didn't get transcripts or names from. All of these staff though have lied to us and have caused a massive stress over something simple as a confirmation email.

So yeah, no phone yet and no one wants to pipe up with an explanation of what is going on and when she will receive the phone. There has been no apology for any of this and no compensation for the many hours lost trying to deal with their absolutely abhorrent support staff.

10 REPLIES 10
AntS
Options

Hi @Kriegar. Fully appreciate that you're unhappy, but we've edited the names of Samsung staff from your post. They're entitled to the same protection of their details as you and other Community users.

0 Likes
Kriegar
Explorer
Options

How about first names only. These people should be held accountable for the way they are treating people.

AntS
Options

I'll allow it. It'll make it easier for referring to any specific conversations with Support... even if that may not be what you're intending here. But just a note to add in regards to that: no Samsung staff ever set out to create an unhappy customer experience. Generally speaking and beyond Samsung, in my experience, often it's the system and processes that suck and need a good sorting out rather than most of the people at the coal-face.

I don't know the full details of your particular case, but happy for you to send me a PM with any details of the pre-order to see what I can shake out of the Shop Team myself for you. I won't be back in the office until after the weekend though.

0 Likes
Kriegar
Explorer
Options

We managed to get an email response from Macy again stating that we should just cancel our order and re order now... Which obviously means no earbuds.

Because of all the problems with people trying to order their earbuds though their lines are rammed and she said that they are upgrading their system so she can't call us...

If it wasn't for all the lies and false promises then I could put it down to a bad system... But as it stands, the customer service staff don't seem to actually look into the problem, they just seem to be doing anything to fob people off. They never call back when they promise to and just seem to be so unwilling to help.

0 Likes
Oliver7
Journeyman
Options

In the follow up to my previous post about not receiving my confirmation email;

My issue still hasn't been resolved after repeated attempts to contact the online shop team I have been told the emails cannot be re-sent and  I am left with no confirmation email of my £899 order or any finance documents from close brothers. Samsung told me that they CANNOT re-send these emails and that I need to contact close brothers... feels like im being fobbed off and being drove in circles after samsung have taken my money.

It's currently 5pm on the release date of the s10 and I still haven't received my phone and I also did not get sent a tracking number for DPD although the phone rep that I spoke to said it will be texted to me and confirmed my phone number with me.

I have been a samsung customer for 5 years and own multiple products and this level of customer service from a company as large as samsung is honestly disgusting. Seriously considering not purchasing a samsung product again at this point.

AntS
Options

Hi @Oliver7 .

Any progess/joy on this one since you posted on Friday?

0 Likes
Oliver7
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ant

The phone finally arrived, however I'm still in the process of writing a complaint letter as I still dont have any finance documents.

The community staff have actually been very helpful but the people I spoke to on the phone were not.

Chrisballinger
Pioneer
Options

I'm not normally the type to do this, but I have to say that Samsungs customer service is shocking. I STILL haven't recieved my return package for my S8+, despite chasing them every which way and not once getting a straight answer.

The email with instructions were sent to a pay4later address that wasn't even mine, my ear bud claims have been rejected twice this time because you can't see the 'Samsung' picture at the top of the proof of purchase even though it has a Samsung order number and Samsung written all over it... I got it from them directly. You can NEVER get anyone on the phone and whilst the live chat guys are pleasant they dodge your questions give you a generic answer and then just keep dodging the main enquiry until you stop asking. 

After buying a £1400 phone it is very frustrating. I also have a UE55KS8000 TV and a top of the range sound bar/speaker system so spend decent money with Samsung, love the products but so far service has been awful. 

0 Likes
Smith29_2017
First Poster
Options

It's ridiculous, they just palm you off to another support, whom say we've reported it.... Now you need to wait and we won't call you back!

Ordered a new Samsung S20 Ultra, paid over a grand for it. They've still got it and not even prepared it for dispatch. It's been 3 days since the chosen delivery date. They can't give me a date or a valid reason why they couldn't deliver it by their promised delivery date. Oh and to get a refund I have to call them back up once it's "delivered" for wasting my money on bothering to try organise a specific date.

They shouldn't offer a said date if they can't keep to it! Shouldn't sell an item if they haven't got it! 

Once this is finally resolved, I definitely will never be using Samsung again, will ensure non of my family try to purchase from them for sure. Which is a shame because I've had a samsung since the S6 came out!...

But atleast they've got my money though!

0 Likes