Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not sending

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 08:11 AM)
901gigix3
Apprentice
Options

Hey yall. Can someone PLEASE help me figure this out? I've been on Google and YouTube for 3 days trying to figure out why my unlocked galaxy s10e all of a sudden stopped sending text messages?  I have performed every troubleshooting step possible including  a factory reset and I still can't send text messages. No message failed error, reset my network and apn settings called my carrier (who just told me to do what I'd already done and was not able to solve the issue),I even downloaded a different message app from the Google playstore and still can't send sms and the message centre option in the downloaded app was grayed out and there was no option for a message centre at all in my settings for the original  Samsung message app. The only option was for Sim message. I've also cleared the cache and the data in the message app.my carrier couldn't help and I've researched so much this weekend trying to fix this issue I should know every thing there is to know about this phone. Unfortunately this message centre issue has won so far. My nerves would be so very grateful for a permanent solution. Thanks in advance ☺️

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did your carrier send you the settings again?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think the issue is with your carrier or you have a faulty sim

See if you can get a replacement sim
0 Likes
901gigix3
Apprentice
Options

They gave me the apn settings and I reset and added them again. They also gave me an activation number and when I called it was like u was activating a new Sim or phone. I still have no message centre or push wap or any other settings in that window other than Sim messages.  I thought the factory reset would help but it's just made it worse. Now I can't get all my apps to reload...😟 it's like the message centre  just completely disappeared  on me out of the blue. I'm determined to fix it but so very aggravated. My carrier, Samsung, nobody has been able to help me solve this mystery. 

0 Likes
901gigix3
Apprentice
Options

My carrier informed  me that there was 2 towers down in my area and there was a 72 hour window for them to be fixed so I'm to call back in 72 hrs from the time of the call.  I even ask the "tech" if the fact that my message centre is completely missing might be an issue and he just repeated the mess about the towers being down and to call back in 72 hours. I have a feeling he just didn't have a solution  for me.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you factory reset only get the photos ,contacts and messages from the cloud.

I would suggest to manually install apps from scratch.
0 Likes
901gigix3
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded a whole different message app from Google play and it wasn't sending messages either. When I went to the settings to see what people we were talking about when they said message centre because mine is not there, it was grayed out in the new app. So I still couldn't send messages.  In the details window of my message after being sent it says the message was sent. I'm not receiving any error messages or anything. I didn't even know it wasn't working until I was told none of my messages were received. I can't find any info or solutions after making sure the number was right in the message centre that doesn't exist..😏😩

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think their tower could be down causing this issue but you may be right that he didn't know enough to answer you

Just wait a see what happens, my gut from the start was carrier issue to be honest
0 Likes