Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Tempered glass protector that works with fingerprint?

(Topic created on: 13-09-2019 06:26 AM)
iRiaz
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So with it being out for half a year now; what's a decent screen protector that works with the fingerprint scanner ?

I'm using a plastic spigen one, but its too slippery and thinking i might get a tempered glass for more clarity, but I seen reviews on Amazon UK on whitestone... only 3 stars?? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've used the Whitestone Dome on my Samsung Galaxy s8, Note 9 and now on the Note 10+ with no issues whatsoever @iRiaz 

Now I'm not saying people have their own issues but that can also be attributed to a poorly fitted protector. i.e user error.

If you look at some threads on other forums you'll see quite a few reccomend the Whitestone.

Also what I find is that on Amazon the reviews from people have been merged onto different phones.

For example reviews were left on how people felt about the Whitestone Dome for the Samsung Note 10+ even before the Note 10 phones had been released !!  :winking-face:

On the Note 10+ I'm using now I followed some advice I picked up on a YouTube video.

After the first curing with the UV light I lightly pressed down where the ultrasonic fps is and then 2nd cured. No issues at all.

Now the Whitestone Dome is expensive but it's the best available product at this time imo as it adheres all over , loses no touch sensativity  (turn on extra sensativity in the phones settings) and in my experience does not lift on the corners.

At the end of the day I weighed up the cost of a Whitestone Dome to the possible cost of a replacement screen.  :smiling-face:

I have no affiliation with Whitestone Dome or have ever been sent a protector to test etc. I buy these with my own money.

There are alternatives out there but most only have adhesive on the edges which can pop off after a while.

The Whitestone Dome is easy to peel away and the adhesive stays on the protector.  There's no mess left on the phone.

If I can help you further then please don't hesitate to ask.  :smiling-face:

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
iRiaz
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So i took the plunge and ordered the whitestone screen protector from MobileFun for £34.99, which is cheaper than Amazon. 

How is tapping/swiping on it? Does the screen smudge easily? 

That's what my plastic one is like and makes it look like the screen is oily.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@iRiaz wrote:

So i took the plunge and ordered the whitestone screen protector from MobileFun for £34.99, which is cheaper than Amazon. 

How is tapping/swiping on it? Does the screen smudge easily? 

That's what my plastic one is like and makes it look like the screen is oily.

It's just like the phones display it'll repel fingerprint smudges upto a point but it'll still need a wipe every now and again. 

Tapping is fine and so is sensativity.

Just remember to turn on the extra sensativity in the phones settings.

The tip I've learned is after the first curing with the UV light press gently where the fps is and then 2nd cure.

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
davepb
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I bought two of these Whitedome screen protectors. One for a Galaxy S10 and one for a Galaxy S10 5G.

I've installed them in the past and both of these went on (as per instructions) with no issues.

The finger print sensor worked almost immediately on both phones after re-registering the fingerprints.

Over time is a different issue though.

The Galaxy S10 hasn't faired well at all and the finger print sensor barely works. If I re-register prints, it will work for 24 hours and then stop.

The Galaxy S10 5G has faired better but it still takes  a while for the fingerprint sensor to work.

I'm at the point now of just taking both glass protectors off but am worried about damaging the screens and can't find an alternative I feel confident about.

0 Likes