Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Switching to onedrive backup from samsung cloud

(Topic created on: 22/05/20 16:06)
Helen83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, I'm tryign to move my galaxy to use onedrive rather than samsung cloud. It logs onto my one drive account no problem and gets through the connecting account screen. It then tells me I'm subscribed to Microsoft 365 but when I press 'Done' it then fails with the error 'Couldn't connect to transfer data' there was a problem connecting' I have turned the 2 step authenication off temporarily and have just set up microsoft authenticator on my phone as other posts suggest but it keeps failing. Can anyone help please as I've sent an error report to Samsung but had nothing back so far.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey @Helen83,

would you be able to have a look at this guide: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-onedrive/ that our colleagues from Australia have put together and let us know if you are able to use this to back up your images? 

0 Likes
Helen83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@TessM wrote:

Hey @Helen83,

would you be able to have a look at this guide: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-onedrive/ that our colleagues from Australia have put together and let us know if you are able to use this to back up your images? 

Thankyou for your response. I've tried all that it gets as far as connecting to my microsoft account then sends an error message saying it can't transfer all of my data

0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Are you using a Business account or a personal one?

If you are using a personal account and the Samsung Gallery still doesn't sync to your OneDrive, please our developers via your phone. Go to Settings Accounts and backup > Samsung Cloud > More Contact us Error reports ensuring that Send system log data is enabled.

0 Likes
Helen83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It is a personal account. I've already sent an error log. Just not had a reply yet.

TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm confident that my colleagues will investigate this and provide you with a resolution as soon as they can. Keep in mind that due to the current situation this can take a bit longer as our services is running at a reduced capacity.

Have a great weekend now!

0 Likes
Helen83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

still no reply nor a way to get my photos off the cloud in one go. I have resorted to downloading them to my phone for onedrive to pick these up but this is so unsatisfactory as I have thousands and likely to have duplicates on onedrive now. I don't think I'll be trusting samsung with my data again

vicr76
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi,

I got the same issue and when send the error log the message regarding the issue and haven't got any reply other than the automated reply regarding COVID-19 low response issue and to use other channels from contact page this us really frustrating.
benjaminlkw
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I encountered the same error. Still couldn't resolve it.

Helen83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Anyone from Samsung on here who can sort this out? We've trusted you with our data and now feel completely let down.