Still Worth Replacing The Back Glass On My Samsung Galaxy S10e My DAILY driver

(Topic created on: 24-04-2023 07:13 PM)
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung Galaxy S10e Broken Glass Back After Its Release

Hello.

I have a serious Question

Is This Samsung Galaxy s10e Still worth Replacing in 2023? I don't know for a 4 Year Phone. I'm been main Daily Driving this Device Since It release and the battery got worse but other than that it's ok for me. But 4 years later I still love this phone. And I don't feel like it to upgrade it already. I still wanna to hold for like 1 or 2 years more. I know that it won't update to the latest and greatest android version but it will get additional 2 or 3 years security updates. So I still happy and still grateful for what I have. I'm Happy
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the phone meets your needs and you can find a place to replace the back panel.
Sounds like you have already answered your question.
You can get great deals on phones now, and you don't need to get the latest one either.
Previous year phones have great cheaper deals
So you do have options.
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
The phone works perfectly fine. Except the cameras are a bit washed out because of water damage. But The price are so high to replace. I found one for 119€ that's the cheapest I can find. Any other alternative?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well I don't think that's a bad price if its genuine parts and if you get a warranty with the repair. Though probably won't due to the water damage.
If I'm honest. Back panel, and with that off I'd get the battery replacement. I don't think it's worth it, considering what you can get another phone for.
Problem is if water has got in there. Eventually contacts or connections can get corroded, and will eventually stop the phone anyway
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah il will continue stick with the s10. Not gonna waste my money for a small upgrade. Even though my s10 still does a very good job. I don't care what everybody says the performance is bad or battery is bad. I don't care. I'm Okay with that. I'm grateful whatever I have
0 Likes
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah il see if I can get those things to fix it
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey if you're happy with it and it still does what you want from it.
Why change.
Not enough people hold onto phones these days and get lured in by the marketing. Sadly I am one of those.
Better for the environment to hold onto them instead of upgrading
0 Likes
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
It all depends on how much it's going to cost you to replace the glass. Also s10 series will not get major updates and as well soon security updates. Just bought a s21+ 256gb at 300£ to replace my s10+ so there is good deal out there ! Depends how much you want to spend 👍
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
I could upgrade but I dont feel safe to move my data to new phone. Like on my s10 I have all saved passwort and login data. Plus my apps from my job that is critical important if its gonna move all my data. I know there is a smart switch thing. My mother did but not everything got copied. My mom had to sign in all of apps and some things wasn't copied to the new phone. I'm considering a little bit about that and I'm too lazy to log in all my social media because some of those I forgot the password and I could not to reset password because my old email address is banned
0 Likes
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
Just done it with my new s21 plus with smart switch. Got all my apps and account on my new phone (Google account) few apps I had to set it up again like bank, browser but I was surprised with ally 5 Google account getting there in no time without password.
0 Likes