Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still running Android 9!

(Topic created on: 20-06-2021 10:58 PM)
Grumpyfrog
First Poster
Options
Hi,
I have just discovered my S10+ is still running Android 9.
I must be honest and never found this to be a problem, however why/how has it never updated?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi thats strange if you have a computer with Samsung smart switch on connect it to your phone & it should update your device.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
You could always manually get the latest or any android version on your phone, by looking at guides on internet & YouTube. Try search 'how to install android (version) on a S10+ (model no.)'. Then, use websites like xdadevelopers and reliable YouTube videos to easily achieve the latest update :winking-face:
0 Likes
Grumpyfrog
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the advice. Being something of a technafobe, I think I will seek out some help from somebody more competence and confidence than myself. I have never previously owned a phone that didn't update automatically
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Grumpyfrog: Where did you purchase your S10+ from? It may be the case that the phone wasn't intended for use in your current region, which might explain why you're not receiving updates. As advised above, you may wish to try installing Smart Switch on your home computer if you're currently unable to receive updates via your network. To begin with, follow the link below, click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' and download the relevant version. Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your phone using the USB cable that came with the device and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/