Original topic:

Still receiving notification sounds after 'Do Not Disturb' is turned on

(Topic created on: 15-04-2019 03:15 PM)
baboobabee
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi everyone!

I'm using an S10 and I have scheduled the 'do not disturb' between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. last night when I was sleeping, My  Phone  made a notification sound from Messaging app 'Line'. It is supposed to be silent, isn't it?

What settings do I have to go to if I don't want any sound notifications but still want my phone to show detailed notifications on lock screen?

Thank you .

54 REPLIES 54
Lolli2020
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My S10+ is scheduled for do not disturb from 11pm - 9am with no texts allowed, and phone calls from favorite contacts only.

It worked great from June, 2019 to 2020 (late spring, early summer).  Then suddenly it started allowing random texts, not necessarily from favorite contacts.  It's not consistent as it will allow a text from an individual one day, but not another day.

Is there a plan to fix it?  It's extremely irritating since it used to work so well.

xAlex3000
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

S9. It's never worked. All it does is put phone is vibrate/silent mode. No exceptions are allowed. Set to hide ALL. useless.

Adew219
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This started on my S7 it seems after the previous system update. Any fix?

0 Likes
PBzzz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

The only thing I was able to find while researching the problem is that, if you are willing to use the native app for messaging that comes with a Samsung phone, supposedly that would make it work with the Do Not Disturb. I didn't want to change apps, because I wouldn't be able to move all my prior messages, contacts, photos, etc from my current one to the Samsung one.  So now I just try to remember to set the sound to vibrate or mute before bed, and then I have to remember to unmute it in the morning or I miss getting my reminders.  It helps that I set up Do Not Disturb to continue until 7:40am, and since I'm often/usually up before that time, when I swipe down to see my notifications, I see the Do Not Disturb is turned on  notification, so I remember to turn it off, and to un-mute at the same time,....usually.  I really wish they'd make the Do Not Disturb work for whatever messaging app you select.  

This is unrelated, but similar: Google Assistant can't use the mAudiobook app I use for my audiobooks as a default either, so I can't ask it to open the app and play the book for me.  If only you could make all of those interactive control apps recognize the apps you want for your defaults....

0 Likes
rgruenhaus
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm having a jazz music sound randomly playing with notifications not showing any app playing it with do not disturb on on my Galaxy S20 Ultra! If it's a notification, why isn't my phone showing that I was notified?

0 Likes