Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still on Android 10!

(Topic created on: 22-01-2022 11:02 PM)
Badman
Pioneer
Options
I must have initiated quite a few posts and posted numerous comments about Android 11 update which after more than an year of release is not available on my Samsung S10.

I bought a brand new unlocked Samsung S10 in UK in Jun2020 and can't remember seeing any update on my phone.

I guess its fair to say that I have tried every possible thing including checking updates manually, connecting my S10 to my laptop over smart switch and even factory reset. Yet my phone hasn't received Android11 when other are on thier way yo received Android 12.

Last year around September, I tried speaking to Samsung helpdesk who were not helpful either and suggest that I should wait. 

The question is if I should wait or is there anything else that I should consider trying to get the official Android 11 ?

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
This is from a YouTube video since you did the dailer method did you press the first option show here that changes the csc and sales code so it should remove the French csc if you press any other option it only partially removes it let me know please Screenshot_20220213-125335_Samsung Internet_2657_1644756840.jpg
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
I bought the phone in UK via online retailer and the Samsung pay recognises UK loyalty schemes came with smart caller id things, so was convinced that this was fine.
I did choose the first option after the the CSC update.
Not sure if I would have the desire or patience left in me to do full factory reset , set everything on phone to find out 3rd time that it was a waste of time and effort.
I did try smart switch yesterday but nothing happened
Might give smart switch a try again but TBH, I have sort of given up.
Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate that.
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
There was a popup on computer to say update smart switch on phone which I did but didn't push any new updates 😕
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-software-using-smart-switch/

https://youtu.be/lJXNn-tZ_Bk

If an update is available, it will show on Smart Switch PC just as in this YouTube video.
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Tried. Didn't work
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Today, I tried doing factory reset again after the CSC update from 2 weeks ago but still no update. So I guess thats how it will be
0 Likes
phlyphish
Student
Options

Badman,

For what it's worth, I had the same issue for a year and half on my Galaxy S10e in the U.S. (I was stuck on Android 10). I tried to get customer support from my carrier as well as Samsung with no results whatsoever. I finally did flash the ROM from SAMMOBILE.COM following their instructions.

At sammobile.com, click on the FIRMWARE link at the top of the page. It then ask for the model # of you phone. Use the value in the "About phone" setting. Then you need to select the country. There should be a value for United Kingdom (Vodafone) (VOD). Then it will list all the available firmware for your particular phone.

I was hesitant to flash my own firmware but was desperate and tried it anyway. Once you select a firmware to download, the next page provides a link to download Odin and instructions for using it to flash the firmware. I had no previous experience with Odin or flashing the firmware, but I followed the instructions carefully. The firmware flashed and my phone was updated to Android 11 (this was about a month ago before the Android 12 update became available). I was thrilled to have Android 11 and One UI 3.1. Then on the 18th of Feb, I got the OTA notice for an update to Android 12 and received that update without any problems.

BTW, there were several iterations of updates between the current Android 10 version on my phone and the latest Android 11 firmware available to download. I went straight to the latest version without issue. I believe you could do the same for Android 12. Or you could try the latest version of Android 11 and you'd probably receive the OTA update for Android 12 shortly after.

I can't "guarantee" this will work for you, but as others have mentioned in this thread, it has worked for them as well. Flashing the firmware with Odin is simply a way to get the new firmware file onto your phone so that your phone can install it. It 's basically just an alternative method to the OTA download to get the firmware file on your phone, again, so that your phone can intall it. Just be careful to follow the instructions exactly. If anything seems confusing, don't guess, but post questions and I think we can help you through it.

Also, you will need to be familiar with how to extract files using a ZIP file extractor, but that's generally pretty easy to learn it you've not done it before.

Once you get to point of running Odin, you see this screen and it's pretty straight forward from there.

phlyphish_0-1645511792662.png