Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still on Android 10!

(Topic created on: 22-01-2022 11:02 PM)
Badman
Pioneer
Options
I must have initiated quite a few posts and posted numerous comments about Android 11 update which after more than an year of release is not available on my Samsung S10.

I bought a brand new unlocked Samsung S10 in UK in Jun2020 and can't remember seeing any update on my phone.

I guess its fair to say that I have tried every possible thing including checking updates manually, connecting my S10 to my laptop over smart switch and even factory reset. Yet my phone hasn't received Android11 when other are on thier way yo received Android 12.

Last year around September, I tried speaking to Samsung helpdesk who were not helpful either and suggest that I should wait. 

The question is if I should wait or is there anything else that I should consider trying to get the official Android 11 ?

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Did the CSC work and did you get the latest update ?
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Ya CSC did but no updates yet. As mentioned above, perhaps a bit too early to celebrate if at all updates come through. So I guess its a waiting game, but thanks for your the suggestion though.
0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Normally once the csc changes it send updates as soon as your check for them only thing I could recommend if you want to go to android 11 is Flash it via odin it quite easy and doesn't void warranty or you could try smart switch but that might take you too android 12
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
I really hope I don't have to consider flashing Android as it would defeat the purpose of CSC update and not to mention the time and grief
0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
No it doesn't I promise I changed my csc and flashed thr firmware for my phone and it doesn't change the csc once you changed it , it can't be removed unless you change the csc again
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
What method did you use to change the CSC? Does it now show BTU under service provider software version? As @RuthlessAfro24 mentioned, you should get updates straight away if it was successful.
Badman
Pioneer
Options
I dialled the code over the Google dialer chose BTU as shown in the YouTube videos and it shows BTU. Previously it was showing XEU which according to Samsung Rep is British Irish version for resellers like Carphone Warehouse etc, so ideally I should have received update on that too but somehow Samsung ***** that up.
No user should have been in my situation struggling with updates and with brands like Samsung is beyond unacceptable. I have owned the phone for nearly 15 months and so annoyed that I feel like changing my phone but that would be waste of money.
Sensing from your and Afroland98's comments, I probably won't get an update as I sort off have missed the bus.
I will either go for Apple or some Chinese SD powered android phone next time instead of going for Samsung which has been nothing but an utter disappointment. Their software distribution is horrendous and their tech support is useless and as bad as non existing. Not worth the grief for the price.Screenshot_20220213-093255_Settings.jpg
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Connect it to smart switch via a PC now the CSC has been changed and the phone is set up, once connected via USB cable it should pop up on the main menu there is an update available, it SHOULD anyway!

The first CSC code when it was showing before relates to the sim card inserted, the last one relates to where the phone was originally intended for use, XEF which is France, I think that's where your problem lies. Best bet is to always buy a Samsung phone direct through Samsung which will have BTU software.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/btu-vs-xeu/td-p/3043709
0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Think the issues there is at the end of your csc it says XEF and the whole csc should say BTU and nothing more you might need to do a factory reset and update to see if that changes it
0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
And was your phone bought in the UK or somewhere else because my issues was that my phone could of been sold.in Poland and I was stuck on XEO used samkey because the dailer don't work for my phone and it changed it all for me , if you did the csc change via Google phone dailer when you change it did you make sure to check that it changed sales code aswell as network that could be your problem actually
0 Likes