Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still on Android 10!

(Topic created on: 25-01-2022 06:07 AM)
Badman
Pioneer
Options
I must have initiated quite a few posts and posted numerous comments about Android 11 update which after more than an year of release is not available on my Samsung S10.

I bought a brand new unlocked Samsung S10 in UK in Jun2020 and can't remember seeing any update on my phone.

I guess its fair to say that I have tried every possible thing including checking updates manually, connecting my S10 to my laptop over smart switch and even factory reset. Yet my phone hasn't received Android11 when other are on thier way yo received Android 12.

Last year around September, I tried speaking to Samsung helpdesk who were not helpful either and suggest that I should wait. 

The question is if I should wait or is there anything else that I should consider trying to get the official Android 11 ?

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I think Samsung Pay would still work fine as it is the G973F model which is the European model.

I believe to get OTA updates, the phone needs to be in the country that the CSC relates to, it could have been different back in 2013.

Yes, I have used SamFrew before and SamMobile to download firmware.
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Thank you. I guess I will probably have to figure out how to put the firmware
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
YouTube will be your friend 👍
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Looks way too complicated to flash firmware. Do you reckon that my phone will receive update if I try it when I go on holidays to France?
There's got be another way as people move around the globe all the time be it work or pleasure. So I am sure that people don't want to miss out on updates on flagship phones and Samsung won't expect them to go back to the country of purchase to update thier firmware. Must be bonkers if they do.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
In theory it should but compared to running ODIN waiting for a future holiday is more of an inconvenience
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Flashing via odin will be the trickier way to sort this, as you are on such an old firmware version, you'd have to do it update by update I believe. The easier option would be changing CSC to EUX, I have done this before using SamKey, you will then receive regular updates OTA.

Just a stab in the dark of something that may work, remove your sim, restart the phone and connect to smart switch via PC and see if it picks up an update at all 🤔 I believe the way the phone knows which country you are in, is via network. Could work possibly.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Try this here, as you have android 10 it might work for you.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note20-series/change-csc/td-p/3934270
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, I shall gave it a try .
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Thanks buddy. Tried *#272*IMEI# but didn't work . Unknkown application 😟.
As you kindly pointed out that I am on old firmware. Its going to be difficult but hopefully not impossible for some mobile techy if find a reasonable one.
Or perhaps sell this to my local Cex and buy some Chinese flagship mobile as atleast it will work in UK or wherever.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Try this method? It should work as you are still on Android 10, select BTU if you are able to.

https://youtu.be/njjp9V8Sz-g
0 Likes