Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still on Android 10!

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 12:39 PM)
Badman
Pioneer
Options
I must have initiated quite a few posts and posted numerous comments about Android 11 update which after more than an year of release is not available on my Samsung S10.

I bought a brand new unlocked Samsung S10 in UK in Jun2020 and can't remember seeing any update on my phone.

I guess its fair to say that I have tried every possible thing including checking updates manually, connecting my S10 to my laptop over smart switch and even factory reset. Yet my phone hasn't received Android11 when other are on thier way yo received Android 12.

Last year around September, I tried speaking to Samsung helpdesk who were not helpful either and suggest that I should wait. 

The question is if I should wait or is there anything else that I should consider trying to get the official Android 11 ?

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
download the firmware (android 11) for your phone and try to install it with Odin
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
what network you have e which country?
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
I am based in England and bought the unlocked phone stated with Vodafone and now on Lebara. How to download Android 11 firmware Samsung hasn't send one?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Badman: If your S10 was purchased from Vodafone, and you're still based in the UK, then you should have received the Android 11 update by now. Have you installed any third party updates or ROMs since your purchased the device? If you head to Settings > About Phone > Status Information > Phone Status, does it say 'Official'? 

0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Thanks. I did not but from Vodafone but from Outlet store on ebay as a part of promotion. Hence I would like to think that the phone is 100% official. Didn't installed any thing unapproved or dodgy except for basic banking apps and stuff from Play store.
The status shows official as can be seen in screenshot..Screenshot_20220123-110524_Settings_3021_1642935924.jpg
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Please check in settings for service provider software version and screen shot and post here.

Settings>about phone>software information
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Thanks everyone for your comments.
@Ksmy89, please see the screenshot of phone software info.Screenshot_20220123-120417_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220123-120226_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Your phone's original software version is for France, firmware CSC XEF, see here:

https://samfrew.com/model/SM-G973F/region/XEF/

This is why you aren't getting any software updates, you need to either manually flash newest firmware using Odin, or change CSC to UK to get regular OTA updates.
Badman
Pioneer
Options
Thanks @Ksmy89. I didn't realise that was the case as my Samsung Pay recognises UK cards and stuff which normally doesn't happen to overseas phone from little that I know of.
Even if it is France, then should it still not have received updates sooner or later as it already has been more than a year since release?
Based on my previous experience I bought S4 from UK in 2013 and moved to India and HK for work but never had problems receiving updates but this time, I must say it was strange.

Is samfrew safe and legit?
0 Likes