Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

split screen change - please change back to the old way!!!

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 07:11 PM)
rodderman
Journeyman
Options
There was a change in software with the last customised android update you sent. Using the split screen function is no longer easy to use and you have made it worse making it not worth Using anymore..please change it back to how it use to be - many Samsung users are complaining about the change in the split screen function- please check the complaints yourself: 

Why has the app split screen abilities changed - it was much easier and quicker to split two apps and change between them before one UI version 3 update - it forces you to search for the app you want to split where as before we could click on the one we wanted in all the apps that were open in history by going left or right of the screen which is a much quicker way to do things..very annoying change!!
14 REPLIES 14
Paul558
Journeyman
Options
And this is why I'm seriously thinking about changing over to apple as cant take the updates that don't work properly or slow up your phone
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree the way to reach split mode and choose which two apps you wanted was easier the previous way.

I'd suggest to go into your Samsung Members App and tap in Get Help to give feedback 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

rodderman
Journeyman
Options
I think here and where are talking about is OK to give feedback..I think the feedback section you are talking about is more to do with technical issues whereas here you can feedback how updates have either improved the experience or made it worse
0 Likes
rodderman
Journeyman
Options
It looks like with the latest update they have listened to my feedback as the way you split two apps has changed - they have included recent apps which makes it a lot quicker to split the apps you want - thank you for listening Samsung
Vigomcruz
Journeyman
Options
How do you change one of the split screen apps once they're set? I get no action on long hold... Are they stuck on the same 2 once they've been selected? Thanks
0 Likes
rodderman
Journeyman
Options
If you mean you want to delete the app pair you created then you need to go to settings..then click on display > edge panel > select apps - then there's a pencil button you click on at the bottom of it to delete it if that helps
0 Likes
Vigomcruz
Journeyman
Options
Interesting, so you can't automatically choose a recent app to replace one? So an easy interchange between twitter and whats app while a video plays on the above? Thanks
0 Likes
rodderman
Journeyman
Options
Well i think that was an option before a few updates they made - but sometimes Samsung are a bunch of wackadoodles lol and change things unnecessarily making things worse....submit feedback to them ask a question so that they can consider changing things again as u suggest
0 Likes
Vigomcruz
Journeyman
Options
Will do 🤙 Thanks
0 Likes