Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Software update notification problem

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 07:21 AM)
Rataveveroi
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So recently i updated my phone to ansroid 10,but i found out i didn t receive a notification for the new update.I went to my settings, at software u pdates and i manually pressed the download button.So,the question is,how do i make my phone to send sotifications for the new updates?I already have auto-download with wifi on,but still doesen t work.

13 REPLIES 13
AsadM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi @Rataveveroi. Thanks for reaching out. The notification to receive the update does normally appear automatically when the update is ready to download and install. As the settings on your phone are already set correctly, there won't be any other changes required on the phone to carry this out. As the update has been applied on your phone, it will be difficult to test if there's an issue at the moment. Can you please monitor this and when another update is available in the future and you're not notified, send an error report using the Samsung Members app on your phone?
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Rataveveroi wrote:

So recently i updated my phone to ansroid 10,but i found out i didn t receive a notification for the new update.I went to my settings, at software u pdates and i manually pressed the download button.So,the question is,how do i make my phone to send sotifications for the new updates?I already have auto-download with wifi on,but still doesen t work.

I haven't ever got notices ones available and certain carriers do that. Mine doesnt. Always have to manually check and I am not saying the mod is wrong. It would be xmas if I ever did get a notification. I get tired if guessing.

Evansbb
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Can anyone help I havent recieved the android 10 update yet and I'm not sure why. I have the samsung s10 plus a friend of mine has the same phone and has had the update but my phone keeps saying it's up to date currently running android 9 

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
0 Likes
cara1
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the same issue - I just updated my phone with the January update but it never notified me - I only knew because I happened to check.  Also, WHY does GoodLock STILL not work?!

timmieboy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Another user here, and i have never receive the notification that there is an update either.

I have to remember to check!

Hope Samsung can fix this please!

0 Likes
hhhhbender
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My wife and I both have Galaxy S6. Hers is getting a notification from Samsung Cloud to download an update, but mine is not. If I go to setting /about phone both phones Show systems are up-to-date. Is she getting spam?

0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey @hhhhbender ,

The notification to receive the update does normally appear automatically when the update is ready to download and install as my colleague stated. If the system is saying that the phone software is up to date this will be the case./ Would you be able to send here a screenshot of the Cloud notification so I can advise you further? 

0 Likes
timmieboy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've had to manually check for update today.

I have not received any prior notice that a new software update was available. ScreenshotS enclosed.Screenshot_20200628-140116_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200628-140138_Software update.jpg

0 Likes