Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart suggestions draining battery?

(Topic created on: 22-05-2022 02:01 PM)
SN018
Student
Options
So I updated my Samsung galaxy phone a few days ago and ever since my phone battery has been draining quickly (around an hour)

I checked my battery status and it says something called smart suggestions used 40% of my battery. 

I searched for smart suggestions in settings and there's an option to turn this off so I did. It hasn't made a difference as it still says its using most of my battery.

Can anyone help?
18 REPLIES 18
Ciruits000
Journeyman
Options

So I disabled it. But I want to cleared the data but unsure of what I will be deleting. I contacted samsung and did t get any helpful. Information. 

Screenshot_20220522-085940_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220522-085947_Settings.jpg

 i would have to re enable it to be able to click clear data but really would love to know what all is in 30 gigs before deleting

0 Likes
Ciruits000
Journeyman
Options

Just realized I am. Posting in wrong phone catogory. I have a note 20 ultra 

0 Likes
Members_R0KXpxq
Student
Options

Guys I have the same problem whit a brand new galaxy s22.

Please fix this issue.

Screenshot_20220524-114616_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
FatalSon
Pioneer
Options

Please check the solution (or at least a work-around) in the earlier posts:

Go to Settings> Advanced features > Smart suggestions and then toggle the switch to "off."

Members_R0KXpxq
Student
Options

Thanks 

But they need to fix the problem whit an update. Because it is not normal to have an app that cannot be used.

Members_rsaLKIB
First Poster
Options

I also noticed my battery drain on my S20 recently and noticed that Smart Suggestions had used 7.9% of battery with only 1 minute of being active. I have switched it off using the instructions above (search in settings for Smart Suggestions which takes you to advance settings where you can toggle it on or off). As a footnote, Smart Suggestions gives suggestions for useful actions, such as calendar events to add and messages to send, based on how you use for phone (that was taken from pressing on Smart Suggestions in the settings menu), so it probably won't make any difference if it is disabled, but should give longer battery life.

0 Likes
Dulinn
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue. Turning off smart suggestions in the settings (like you did) AND restarting the phone did the trick for me. Now my battery usage is back to normal.

0 Likes
nilsonsc
First Poster
Options

I also had the same issue on my Galaxy 21. It used to drain less than 5% per day, so it never bothered me. But today it drained more than 10%. It's a bit too much, so I disabled it for now. I hope Samsung fixes it, cause it's really not normal.

0 Likes
Members_ENniKPN
First Poster
Options

Same issue with Fold 4

Screenshot_20221212_150413_Device care.jpg

0 Likes