Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

single tap to answer

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 08:41 PM)
Ronata28
Explorer
Options
Not only has Samsung done away with single tap to answer calls, it has now removed (in 2.5 update) the ability to remove the floating icon for the only "fix" - the Accessabilty menu.
Come on Samsung, listen to your users.
REINSTATE SINGLE TAP TO ANSWER.
4 REPLIES 4
Deano89
Navigator
Options
its in Settings》accessibility》interaction and dexterity》assistant menu.
To remove the icon enable "show as edge icon" and put the transparency all the way up.
0 Likes
Ronata28
Explorer
Options
Better than nothing, thanks for the info.
0 Likes
Members_6qxLN5I
First Poster
Options

100% agree, spent ages looking for the 'fix' for this. I don't want the accessibility menu floating around the edges even when almost transparent. I mis-press it ALL the time, so frustrating. It doesn't even stay in one place that I can avoid.

I really REALLY miss my Huawei Mate 20 Pro. So much more satisfying in terms of customisation/personalisation. Way better camera features/menu. And never lagged like this handset does.

S21 is without exception the worst upgrade choice I have ever made. I will be looking for a Google android alternative at the next possible opportunity. For now I have to struggle on with this daily disappointment. 

One other whinge, I can't seem to type without hitting full stop instead of space constantly. Never had this problem on any other device ☹

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Although this is not quite the same, you can head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Answering and Ending Calls > Press Volume Up To Answer, and toggle this option on to allow for a single tap option when answering incoming calls. 

0 Likes