Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Folder Icon

(Topic created on: 26-12-2022 10:21 AM)
Mateix
Explorer
Options
Hello

I am looking for clarification as follows.

I know that if I enable the Secure Folder in the Quick Panel the Secure Folder icon will be unhidden and reappear in the App Drawer. Conversely when I disable the Secure Folder in the Quick Panel the Secure Folder icon in the App Drawer is again hidden and disappears from the App Drawer.

However I thought this would also be true for the Secure Folder icon that I had dragged to my Home Screen. When I disable the Secure Folder in the Quick Panel the Secure Folder icon does indeed disappear from my Home Screen but when I later enable the Secure Folder from my Quick Panel the Secure Folder icon does not reappear on my Home Screen but it does appear in my App Drawer.

Should the Secure Folder icon appear and disappear from my Home Screen as it does from the App Drawer or am I misunderstanding how it works?

Thank you

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Apps are not added automatically to homescreen, unless the corresponding option is enabled in Settings > Home screen > Add new apps to Home screen.

Check if enabling this option also adds the secure folder icon to the Home screen.

Only drawback is that any new app that you install in the future, will also get added to the Home screen.

Screenshot_20221226_113519_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Mateix
Explorer
Options
Have always had Add New Apps to Home Screen enabled but that only works when 'installing' new apps and does not 'unhide' the Secure Folder icon.
0 Likes
cazricgreg
First Poster
Options
Where is the secure folder on my nee Galaxy A13? Just "upgraded" from an A20e which had a secure folder. And the A13 doesn't seem to have one!
0 Likes