Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen unlock beep

(Topic created on: 28-10-2020 05:36 AM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , in the settings I have the  screen unlock sound off but I've been getting a random beep when I unlock the screen , anyone else have this irritating issue 

33 REPLIES 33
Solution
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Turning off NFC cured it 

Smithlandic
Apprentice
Options

Yeah turning off NFC worked

rar4s
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem but i;ve turned the NFC off and im still getting that beep sound i'ven 3 times in a row

0 Likes
Jude525
Student
Options
Thank you so much. I just got a new wallet style case AND a new touchless credit card that I keep in it. Turned off NFC. Beep is gone. I'll see if the CC works while in the case. If not I'll put a different card in my "essentials" instead.
0 Likes
LSHG1986
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much you have saved me sending my phone back to the seller. I had no idea my card would do that. I just bought the s8. I know I am late on that one. The card never did the beep thing on my previous phone. Not a Samsung phone. You have also saved me pulling my hair out. Sk a big thank you again. Now got to either find a new home for the card or switch the thing off 

0 Likes
bruto617
First Poster
Options

@Edgie70 wrote:

Hi all , in the settings I have the  screen unlock sound off but I've been getting a random beep when I unlock the screen , anyone else have this irritating issue 

0 Likes
ColeT-43
First Poster
Options

It seems to be linked to NFC. I have my bank card in my S6 phone case whilst i wait to go buy a new wallet. Turned on my NFC yesterday to link up to my mates pc. I did a little testing. If you have a bank card in your case remove it and turn on NFC. Should stop. You'll be able to put your card where it was

Jude525
Student
Options

If you take a moment to read the thread, you will see that everyone (as far as I have seen) has attributed this to the phone being too close to an NFC credit card. Especially if your phone has a wallet style case.

If you have checked this and still have a problem, feel free to respond with clarification on that. Thanks.

0 Likes
Arich1990
First Poster
Options

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

0 Likes
albertacowboy59
First Poster
Options

Do you have a credit card in your case?

0 Likes