Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Trade-In

(Topic created on: 15-03-2019 08:47 PM)
James2019
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

Did anyone else use the trade-in option when buying the Galaxy S10 only for them to tell you that MTR Group Ltd found a fault with your old device that wasn't there before you had sent it in.

I used so much packaging (bubble wrap, parcel tape etc.) to make sure nothing would happen with the phone and they have the audacity to say that I now have to pay an excess of £25.00.

My other option was to have the old device back and to then pay the £200.00 difference.

Really not happy as I've been a Samsung customer for nealy 15 years!

James

23 REPLIES 23
Chrisballinger
Pioneer
Options

Where did you send it to? They messed up my emails when I pre ordered and was told I would receive a package but nothing yet... 

Mines literally mint so they better not try that 

0 Likes
James2019
Journeyman
Options

Hi Chris,

I received the phone on the 8th and then got a letter from Samsung on the 9th with the recycle bag.

Get this though you have to pay for packaging and postage yourself. 

You send it to a company called MTR Group Ltd and they carry out an assessment on the phone and email you saying if you've been successful or not.

I sadly was unsuccessful due to a "black bubble on the LCD screen" which wasn't there before I sent the phone as it was in excellent condition (just the normal wear and tear). 

I'm so angry with them because if I had known it was going to go down this route I would have taken photos of the phone before sending it to prove them right if this were to happen. 

Now I've got no proof and I'm going to have to pay an extra £25 on top of the £600 I paid for the S10.

James2019
Journeyman
Options

My advice to you is take photos of the old device and make sure you have date and time stamps on them so you can show them otherwise if this happens to you too! 

0 Likes
Stu-Pot
Pioneer
Options
Just had an email saying my trade-in is now complete. :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Snoopystu
Navigator
Options

@Chrisballinger wrote:

Where did you send it to? They messed up my emails when I pre ordered and was told I would receive a package but nothing yet... 

Mines literally mint so they better not try that 

I have heard nothing yet and it has been a week now since i got my phone

p13tro
Explorer
Options

I'm still waiting for my recycle bag. It's been almost a week since I got my phone..who can I contact about this? 

James2019
Journeyman
Options

Have you tried the Live Chat on the Samsung website?

0 Likes
James2019
Journeyman
Options

Update for you all.

I'm still no closer to having this resolved.

It's now under investigation with Samsung as well as half of my order being missing as I also ordered one of their cases which never arrived.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I don't think I'll buy anything directly from them ever again.

Trying to get through to customer services is horrendous!!

0 Likes
Green_Samot
Pathfinder
Options

Mine had gone through fine. Sent it yesterday and got confirmation today.

Took lots of photos before I sent it just in case though.

0 Likes