Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S10E front camera fail

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 01:13 PM)
KB92
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have restored to factory settings and still the same problem - so I have eliminated the possibility of software failure. 

I bought the phone as new last December (2019) from a local showroom (Malta) and it's still under warranty.

The phone is in perfect condition - no scratch, never dropped it, never used in water.

I'm dissapointed at the possibility that this is a hardware problem that popped up out of nowhere when I have had the phone for only a few months. 

I will never again purchase a Samsung phone in my life. 

Should have stuck to Apple.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello there!

I'm sorry for your bad experience with your Samsung device. Please understand that no factory is perfect, and it is very uncommon for things like this to happen to your device. This does not happen with just Samsung devices, but all smartphone producing factories (Foxconn included). Your choice of device is of your own preference, of course, and I do not object to that. I personally have had no issues with the Samsung devices I have owned, and any damage inflicted on them was courtesy of my clumsiness, and because glass is glass, and glass... Breaks. 

0 Likes
KB92
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Good evening

I have no idea what happened but to my surprise, front camera worked again today after 2 months. 

It's like something fell back in place - is this a possibility hardware wise? I also noticed that there's a small 'clicking'-like sound when I use camera or change modes - should this be something I should be concerned about or get checked? Maybe has something to do with it not working for 2 whole months.

Thanks again

0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

The clicking noise with the camera is just for the rear camera, correct? This is completely normal, when switching between wide and ultra wide. If you look at the camera while you switch to it, you'll see it. Not sure about your front camera, I'd still think you should get it checked, because if it was a hardware issue, and it simply "fell" back into place, it should fall out just as easily then.

0 Likes